Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by fivi2 View Post
    I just bought a pair and I am not sure how I feel about them. I bought a six, and they really aren't very tight. (ftr, I am losing weight, but I have been a comfortable size 8 in other calvins that I have (not skinny ones).
    They kind of seem to loose to be skinny-tucked-in-boot jeans, but too tight and stretchy to be regular jeans. I am afraid I will look like a pirate if I tuck them in to boots. And they seem really stretchy...
    wow, this was exactly what i was thinking. though i took the tags off mine and i will be keeping mine as they are just SO comfy due to the stretchiness. But i was thinking the same exact thing..they aren't tight enough around the leg that i could wear them well with boots. they are loose enough on me that when i went to the bathroom, i realized i was able to easily pull them off without even unbuttoning or unzipping them (i'm very apple-shaped, but still!).

i have to go back to Costco and return the size 8 i bought in case, i may pick up a 4 () and see if that looks better in terms of being more like a "skinny" jean you can wear with boots. maybe i'll go bck to a different Costco and see if that one has more of the ponte pants..would love to try those too.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    wow, this was exactly what i was thinking. though i took the tags off mine and i will be keeping mine as they are just SO comfy due to the stretchiness. But i was thinking the same exact thing..they aren't tight enough around the leg that i could wear them well with boots. they are loose enough on me that when i went to the bathroom, i realized i was able to easily pull them off without even unbuttoning or unzipping them (i'm very apple-shaped, but still!).

i have to go back to Costco and return the size 8 i bought in case, i may pick up a 4 () and see if that looks better in terms of being more like a "skinny" jean you can wear with boots. maybe i'll go bck to a different Costco and see if that one has more of the ponte pants..would love to try those too.
    This is why I'm torn! They're stretchy, but the leg opening at the bottom (while it's narrow) is too wide to qualify as "skinny jeans". I can't wear boots because of my bowed leg line but even these I was questioning whether they'd look OK with ballet flats. And in my regular size, these were really snug around the thighs and fairly snug around my calves but loose at the ankle. My thighs and calves are where I carry my weight, but still - since they were so snug in the thighs I almost felt that they should be that snug all the way down. I'm also contemplating returning because of the muffin top issue. But I am torn because they really are comfy and I love how dark the wash is (and yeah I'll admit that the $19.99 pricetag is screaming "keep"!) I haven't cut the tags off mine yet...

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'm thinking these may work for me, as a true straight is better than a skinny for me. My calves are just too big for skinnies, and
    I can't even get them on my legs. I thought maybe they'd be good for wearing with my new Sorels, which aren't super tight boots. How is the rise? I can't do lowrise.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

brgnmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    I'm thinking these may work for me, as a true straight is better than a skinny for me. My calves are just too big for skinnies, and
    I can't even get them on my legs. I thought maybe they'd be good for wearing with my new Sorels, which aren't super tight boots. How is the rise? I can't do lowrise.
    Dr Sally, I would try them out, if possible in two different sizes, given Costco's generous return policy. I might end up buying a smaller size, the next time I go, just to compare the fit with the size I usually wear. I tried on the jeans again, and they fit like straight jeans on me (versus skinny jeans), and I can fit a pair of booties underneath the pants. The calf area of the pants is generously sized, and it doesn't cling to my leg (starting from the knee portion & downwards, it's a "straight" fit), and it's loose in the ankle portion due to the straight fit - giving enough room to slip on short boots or booties underneath in my case. I haven't tried wearing my knee-high boots on top, but I don't think I'd have a problem b/c the material is on the thin side & my boots have extra room in the ankle area (I have small ankles) to accommodate the jeans. They are made of a thinner material with some polyester content (on top of the cotton & spandex) versus e.g., the Lucky brand sophia jeans that Costco sold.

In terms of the rise, it fits generously on me, and I wouldn't consider it a lowrise - but I guess it might vary, depending on the person's body type.

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post

The ponte pants fit differently (snug & something that you can wear underneath a tunic and have knee-high boots easily slip over the pants). The ones that are sold at Costco run smaller (not tts, from what I've heard).

lol about being able to pull the straight jeans off w/o needing to unbotton them - I think it's partly due to the stretch factor. I can do that too, and I'm wondering whether I should try out a smaller size for the dark denim since I haven't taken the tags off of those - just the black pair. The odd thing I noticed is that the dark denim seems to run a tad larger than the black pair (maybe it's just a manufacturing inconsistency. Hm...).

Well, darn. They aren't even at my Costco ( yet)
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

thanks for alerting us on these pants. I got one in black yesterday and wore it to work today. I folded the bottom in to make them cropped to give the cropped slim trouser look and wore heels. they didn't lose their shape at the end of the day. The best part is that the hardware (buttons and grommets) are all black so you can't even tell that these are jeans. They look like slim black trousers.

i might get a second pair.

My Costco got them and at first I held them up and then decided not to get them based on the shape (the waist looked too wide). But, then I got them the other day and decided I should just try them on. I LOVE them. I got a size 4, 30", which is my normal size (sometimes 6 in designer jeans). They aren't super low, prob mid rise. The wais *is* a bit big/wide on me but not too bad, I can wear a belt. The legs are absolutely perfect. They look like a skinny on me, but not super tight and the length is perfect. I can roll them up for a cropped look. I haven't worn them out yet (they're in the wash). I have bigger legs for my body size/waist size, if that makes sense. I was a soccer player and just have flesh-ier legs. My calf size is 15, I think. So, I am super psyched, b/c I have not found a pair of skinnies that can actually fit my calves, aren't too long, and too low rise! Love the dark color and lightweight fabric.

I'll certain go back and get a black pair as well, but maybe even another blue pair for backup. I can finally participate in the skinny jean trend. I love it with looser/longer tops/sweaters. I think the look is more balanced than with bootcut jeans. I think they are snug enough to fit boots for me, but certainly my Sorels in the winter.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

yay, that's great to hear, Dr Sally.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by brgnmom View Post
    yay, that's great to hear, Dr Sally.
    Thanks to everyone for all the info on these. Also just goes to show that it never hurts to try on! They didn't have black in my size-- mine seems to have ordered much less black. I'm going to check another Costco b/ c I don't know if they replenish their stock on these things.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast