Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by brgnmom View Post
    The ponte pants fit differently (snug & something that you can wear underneath a tunic and have knee-high boots easily slip over the pants). The ones that are sold at Costco run smaller (not tts, from what I've heard).

lol about being able to pull the straight jeans off w/o needing to unbotton them - I think it's partly due to the stretch factor. I can do that too, and I'm wondering whether I should try out a smaller size for the dark denim since I haven't taken the tags off of those - just the black pair. The odd thing I noticed is that the dark denim seems to run a tad larger than the black pair (maybe it's just a manufacturing inconsistency. Hm...).
    The lady at Nordstrom bra fitting told me that black bras willl alway fit snugger b/c the black dye makes fabric shrink more than other dyes. So maybe that's it.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

brgnmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    The lady at Nordstrom bra fitting told me that black bras willl alway fit snugger b/c the black dye makes fabric shrink more than other dyes. So maybe that's it.
    thanks so much for this info - that is interesting and helps to potentially explain the discrepancy between the two pants that I bought.

Quote Originally Posted by brgnmom View Post
    thanks so much for this info - that is interesting and helps to potentially explain the discrepancy between the two pants that I bought.
    Hopefully the black won't be too small for me when I find them, lol. I have a tich more room
    I think, as the blue aren't skin tight on me.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

I was at Costco today. these pants are down to $12 at my store. I bought a second pair in black

No way. I hardly ever see clothing reduced at mine, but would be nice.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I picked these up today. Has anyone worn them yet? Do they stretch out with wear so you're picking them up all day? TIA
    ok i've had mine for a couple weeks now and iv'e washed them twice. YES, they definitely stretch out with wear and i had the problem of constantly having to pull them up. Though i still liked them a lot, bc they are SO comfy..i use them as a my "fat pants" now (haha).

So i went back and got one size smaller (size 4) so I could have a pair that was more slim-fitting and wasn't so baggy around the butt area. at first they were a little tight but after wearing them all day today, they are starting to get a tad loose too (though not as much as original pair). It is crazy bc these days I normally wear a size 8. So they definitely run big plus they are very stretchy so I would get one size (or two) smaller than usual.

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I picked up a size 4 & 6 today and am wearing the 4 right now. They are comfy but fit as tightly as leggings in the thigh. It's only been about half an hour...but I'm wondering if they'll stretch out enough to actually look like slim fit jeans and not jeggings. Should I move on to the 6 and return the 4...I'm not looking for a jegging!

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ok I finally wore mine for a whole day. Apart from the rise really being too low, yes they do stretch to fit more like a skinny than a jegging. I got my usual size 2 and when I first tried them on, I considered returning them because yes - they were as tight as jeggings in the thigh! So I am happy that they do stretch and they do look quite nice as skinny jeans. Thanks to PP who had the idea to fold some of the hem under to turn them into ankle-length skinnies - they look great with ballet flats that way. Next time I'm at Costco I will probably pick up a black pair for work since PP said they look like black trousers. I just have to be careful what top to wear them with (has to be structured, not knit, or a thick enough knit) because they do give me major muffin top.

eta: I haven't washed them yet though - I imagine they will shrink some and then require a little wear to stretch back out.

I have washed and worn them. I feel they shrank a little in the wash, but they stretch a little ( esp. In the thigh) with wear. I feel the rise is way better than a lot of the skinny jeans out there. I wear mine like skinny jeans. Also, inspired by the Boden catalog, I turned the cuff *up* ( but not folded, just one big flip up) about 2.5 inches and wore them with flats. Looks even better that way ( as opposed to all the way down) I think.

I'm bummed that the 2 stores I checked didn't have any black in my size.
    Last edited by DrSally; 11-21-2012 at 10:30 AM.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

tina-t is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    I have washed and worn them. I feel they shrank a little in the wash, but they stretch a little ( esp. In the thigh) with wear. I feel the rise is way better than a lot of the skinny jeans out there. I wear mine like skinny jeans. Also, inspired by the Boden catalog, I turned the cuff *up* ( but not folded, just one bit flip up) about 2.5 inches and wore them with flats. Looks even better that way ( as opposed to all the way down) I think.

I'm bummed that the 2 stores I checked didn't have any black in my size.
    I'm trying to imagine how you can cuff up but not fold the pants, but I'm having trouble figuring this out. Can you explain or do you have a pic? It sounds like something that might work for me as these pants are about 2 inches too long.

Thanks!
    Christina

Mom to 2 little ones

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast