Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default ISO: Best Deal for Nabi Tablet--see update in post 5

Hi all,

Am in search of a Nabi Tablet for my two DS this Christmas. It looks like all the prices are the same, $199. But I bet there will be a way to use coupons to lower the price. Anyone know of the best place with the best deals?
    Last edited by pjsmom30; 11-16-2012 at 01:01 PM.
    Gina

Mom to two boys born 4/04 and 4/06. Always looking for a good bargain!!

I was wondering if anyone could give Black Friday tips too. Walmart will be selling the Nabi for $129 and Best Buy will be selling it for $169.99. Is it possible to get such a sought item on Thanksgiving Thursday? How many hours before the store opening do I have to show up. My local Walmart will open on 10 pm Thanksgiving.

My husband says that there's no hope in getting the Nabi on Thanksgiving, and I shouldn't bother going through the aggravation and try. Any tips from seasoned Black Friday vets re. Walmart?

ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The Walmart ad I saw for Black Friday had the Nabi listed at 8pm. I would go to the Walmart in the smallest town and arrive at 5pm. They will start lines for the electronic items. You will get in line for that item and wait until 8pm when they will pass them out. It all depends on how many the store has.

Quote Originally Posted by ray7694 View Post
    The Walmart ad I saw for Black Friday had the Nabi listed at 8pm. I would go to the Walmart in the smallest town and arrive at 5pm. They will start lines for the electronic items. You will get in line for that item and wait until 8pm when they will pass them out. It all depends on how many the store has.
    Thanks for the advice. I did read my ad incorrectly, as the Walmart has "two events" one at 10 pm and one at 8 pm (which the Nabi tablet is part of). Yep, my husband is right, I won't do it, given your advice about appearing 3 hrs before. Good luck yourself on your BF shopping.

UPDATE: on Walmart BF...so you can put the Nabi on layaway right now while it is in stock. Then go back anytime on BF and pay for it, and you will get the sale price. Confirmed this today at my Walmart.

There may be a long line at layaway that day, but at least I am guaranteed to get a Nabi.
    Gina

JMS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pjsmom30 View Post
    UPDATE: on Walmart BF...so you can put the Nabi on layaway right now while it is in stock. Then go back anytime on BF and pay for it, and you will get the sale price. Confirmed this today at my Walmart.

There may be a long line at layaway that day, but at least I am guaranteed to get a Nabi.
    I was just at my closest Walmart and a stock manager told me that it won't work to put a Black Friday item on layaway ahead of time and then buy it on BF for the discounted price because there will be a different bar code. He said management avoided that situation by changing the bar code and giving no BF rain checks.

Hopefully other people get lucky but I don't think I will.
    JMS
    Mommy to DD "HH" 2004
    and DS1 "MH" 2005
    & DS2 "JJH" - My very Irish baby!

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    I was just at my closest Walmart and a stock manager told me that it won't work to put a Black Friday item on layaway ahead of time and then buy it on BF for the discounted price because there will be a different bar code. He said management avoided that situation by changing the bar code and giving no BF rain checks.

Hopefully other people get lucky but I don't think I will.
    I have spoken with two different managers at my local Walmart, and they both said it would be fine to do it. So maybe they are just misinformed? I will try anyway...I will also bring a copy of the Best Buy ad with me, so that if they won't give me the BF price from Walmart, they will have to give me the Best Buy price for it.
    Gina

JMS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pjsmom30 View Post
    I have spoken with two different managers at my local Walmart, and they both said it would be fine to do it. So maybe they are just misinformed? I will try anyway...I will also bring a copy of the Best Buy ad with me, so that if they won't give me the BF price from Walmart, they will have to give me the Best Buy price for it.
    GL! I hope you get it
    JMS
    Mommy to DD "HH" 2004
    and DS1 "MH" 2005
    & DS2 "JJH" - My very Irish baby!

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NJ_Mom2011 View Post
    How many hours before the store opening do I have to show up.
    I saw on the news LAST WEEK that people had started camping out at Walmart the week before ... so by Tday, they'll have been there 2 weeks. I like a good bargain, but thats just rediculous to me.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    I saw on the news LAST WEEK that people had started camping out at Walmart the week before ... so by Tday, they'll have been there 2 weeks. I like a good bargain, but thats just rediculous to me.
    Here, here. It is possible that all of these tablets will be cheap in a few months anyway if Microsoft's Surface tablet is a successful launch, making all of its competitor tablets seem out-of-date.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast