Default Where else for size 9.5 shoes?

I always buy DS's shoes at Stride Rite, because I know they are good quality and good for his developing feet. Maybe now that he's 4 I can stop worrying and buy him less expensive shoes. I don't know. My problem is that I can't find what I want at Stride Rite, and DS is in desperate need of new shoes! Where else can I look for good quality shoes?

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

What kind of shoes are you looking for? I know Wellyes likes a particular line sold at Payless, but I don't know which line that is. I look for sales on my fav brands like Tsukihoshi, Keen and Kamik. LE had 40% off all shoes and boots the other day, so I got D3 some all weather mocs in size 10 for under $30.

That's a great price! I'm looking for dress shoes that close with Velcro. As it turns out, Stride Rite does have them (at $55-- shocking!) They were in the "casuals" section instead of the "dressy" section. I'm still interested in other ideas, though. I'm hoping for a price point not over $45, but if I have to, I'll spring for the $55. The ones I found that I liked we're Sperry Miles. I'm going to google to see if I can find them for less.

Maybe try Morgan & Milo. I know they have some velcro styles. My daughter's favorite shoes are the M&M woodstocks.

ETA: I just saw you were looking for dressy styles. I don't know that they'll have what you want in that.
    SweetGirl - May 2009
    LittleGuy - Oct 2011

Stroller line-up - Micralite FF Superlite, Britax B-Ready with second seat, Chariot Cougar 2
    Oh, and a Graco Quattro Tour that I need to find to sell.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ohhh, LLB has them. I came across the velcro comfort mocs when I was dress shoe shopping for DS3. The sizing may not work exactly though:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/56995...s-comfort-mocs

The biggest size is 9. The 10s goto this style:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/56998...995-ppxs&dds=y

Ds1 is using these this year instead of our usual Merrells. He says they are super comfy.