Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

i have the paige in cognac...they could easily be my "one and only." i wear them with pencil skirts, jeans and leggings. (but i do have a work environment more on the casual side)

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Very happy with the La Canadienne Jenny pair that I just got. I'd been looking for the perfect "one and only" black boot for a while. I can attest that they're waterproof-- they made it through Hurricane Sandy!
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Nordstroms failed me...no janes in the store. I'll have to keep looking. I want to try them on!

I saw them at anthropologie a few days ago. You can look them up online and use the "find it in store" tool to see if yours has them too. They are called the "ridgecrest" boots on anthro's site.

I have these and love them! They are my most comfortable boots. I think they are true to size.
    Last edited by AtlantaMom; 11-01-2012 at 06:49 PM.

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaMom View Post
    I saw them at anthropologie a few days ago. You can look them up online and use the "find it in store" tool to see if yours has them too. They are called the "ridgecrest" boots on anthro's site.

I have these and love them! They are my most comfortable boots. I think they are true to size.
    Tried this but no luck. Thanks though!

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I tried on a pair of Arche Delor boots in store the other day nd have been drooling and dreaming about them ever since. They were (gulp) $450 (ridiculously soft pebbled leather, Made in France, gorgeous). I'm such a frugal shopper, I can't imagine dropping that kind of cash on one pair of shoes so I didn't get them. I'm also in the market for a one and only pair. Maybe they'll go on sale, or maybe I'll make that my one and only holiday/anniversary request! Has anyone worn Arche before?

(PS They are this ankle boot in black, size 39 or 40, or maybe this mid-calf boot - if you find either one on sale let me know!)
    Last edited by citymama; 11-01-2012 at 07:04 PM.

for Sandy Hook

[QUOTE=firstbaby;3634874]I have the Jane in Redwood and Shirley Riding in black. I like having a black boot, but I LOVE the Janes.

How's your Shirley Riding boot? I've been looking for riding boots and that's the one I'm contemplating on getting but not sure about fit especially calf and length of the boots since I'm short and have big calves.
    DD 1/11

firstbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Jenrub - I really like the Shirleys. The only thing I don't *love* about them is the black color - it is more of a faded black and I would prefer a sharper black if that makes sense. I don't have skinny calves and the Shirleys are great. I thought I would wear the top folded over as I've seen pics on line but it looked horrible on me. So they stay up

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jent View Post
    Very happy with the La Canadienne Jenny pair that I just got. I'd been looking for the perfect "one and only" black boot for a while. I can attest that they're waterproof-- they made it through Hurricane Sandy!
    I'm looking for long boots as well....Jen, you work in a hospital, right? Are these appropriate for wearing to work? I'm wondering if the riding boot look is appropriate to wear to work in a patient care/outpatient setting where I may be doing patient interviews?
    ETA: Ooooh, just googled the Janes. In love. Too pricey
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

Frye Jane's on sale at Anthropologie for 199- they are called the "Ridgecrest" boot on Anthropologie's site.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2