Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Recs for nice looking tops or sweaters to wear to work

I am in a rut with my wardrobe and more than half of my clothes don't fit. I atleast want to get some cute blouses, sweaters and tunics to feel good.

Any suggestions? Would be great if you can link to the items online.

Thanks.
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

What sort of thing are you looking for? What is your shape? How dressy is your workplace? Maybe you could look on pinterest or polyvore to find your style. The website You Look Fab has some great articles on figuring out your body shape and how to dress for your shape: http://youlookfab.com/2009/03/11/ref...our-body-type/

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My office is business casual. I just got a cute Tommy Hilfiger sweater at Costco that looks nice with my work pants (I love Express for work pants-Editor and Columnist styles). The sweater was under $20, is machine washable and comes in several colors. I got it in a pretty eggplanty purple. There are also several really cute work-friendly tops on sale at Boden that could be worn with cardigans now that it's cold.

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

I work in IT and my workplace is really casual. I'm 5' 2" and about 130lbs right now and have a belly pooch, hips and thighs. Also, I used to be a C but since I stopped pumping my breasts have really deflated.

Thanks PunkyBoo. I'll check out that sweater at Costco. I'll look at Boden online tonight at home.
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Myira, we sound like a similar build (although I'm 5'6") and I am also weaning (but in my case, even in the earliest days of nursing I was at most a B!). I have seen some cute sweaters at Banana Republic. I like Boden's styles but as someone who owns a lot of Boden, I can tell you the sweaters pill and starting looking worn far too soon for those prices. I also like Splendid, which I usually buy at a local store or on amazon with a 20% off coupon.
    Last edited by citymama; 11-01-2012 at 06:04 PM.

for Sandy Hook

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Banana has some really great sweaters this year. Also Loft is good IMO....they are always having some sort of sale!
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

I'd check out the Loft, especially since you may need petite sizes. I like Lands End and Eddie Bauer too.

Thanks all, ordered 2 sweaters from Banana, and found 2 good tops at LOFT over the w/e on sale.
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Myira View Post
    Thanks all, ordered 2 sweaters from Banana, and found 2 good tops at LOFT over the w/e on sale.
    Can you share links of what you got?

for Sandy Hook