♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default what shoes to wear with Hanna Fizzie dress?

I bought DD the Fizzie dress in Perfect Purple today, as it was on sale and i think it would be perfect for our family pics this weekend. I really like the look and love the colors. Prob is, I have no idea what shoes she can wear with it for the pics. I do have HA loose leggings in lavender that would go great with it, but problem is it's going to be very warm this weekend (high of 80 on Saturday). However, if she doesn't wear tights, I have no idea what shoes would be appropriate. Other than turquoise crocs (bleh) she has a pair of white Stride Rite sandals, and a pair of pink Stride Rite mary jane sneakers. Oh and white patent mary janes. Prob with mary janes we have is that she'd have to wear socks, and i'm afraid that would look really strange with this dress. What do you think?

In the Hanna catalog i see girls wearing clogs with this dress, and i think that looks so cute but I can't imagine DD being able to wear clogs at her age..i mean, she just started walking 4 months ago! Ballet flats would look cute, but we dont' own any and i dont' know where i'd find purple ones in her size by the weekend, that wouldn't break the bank.

Any ideas/suggestions??

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I like these. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nordstro...resultback=323
    eta--silver Pedipeds would be cute, too.
    Last edited by infomama; 11-02-2012 at 12:24 AM.

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I saw ballet type flats at Kohls that were sparkly but they may have had plain ones as well. They were the Jumping Beans brand and rather inexpensive but I don't remember the exact price.

Quote Originally Posted by infomama View Post
    I like these. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nordstro...resultback=323
    eta--silver Pedipeds would be cute, too.
    OOH i love those!!! i can see those going well with other outfits too. but at $39.95, i don't think i can pull the trigger..my DH is already giving me grief for wanting to buy DD shoes that she "doesn't need" just for a picture *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by KLD313 View Post
    I saw ballet type flats at Kohls that were sparkly but they may have had plain ones as well. They were the Jumping Beans brand and rather inexpensive but I don't remember the exact price.
    hmm, i checked on the Kohls site and found these...what do y'all think. not jumping beans (Sonoma brand), but i like how they were purple & sequiny, i think they'd go great with the dress plus they're only $22. and dd likes sparkly shoes (she loves playing with them). thanks for the Kohls rec, that sounds like a good place to check out.

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-109...dler-girls.jsp
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 11-02-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Those are cute. As soon as I saw the dress I thought sparkly would be perfect, thats what made me remember kohls.

oh and i found these (non sparkly, but purpley) from Jumping beans..those could work too. looks like jumping beans shoes are on pretty good sale now. am definitely gonna check Kohls out tomorrow! thanks again for the rec!!

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-127...dler-girls.jsp

Nice! You're welcome, I hope you find something.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I love that Fizzie dress! I would have loved to buy it but DD1 considers herself "over" the tutu look, and DD2 is a little tomboy. If we had it for DD1, would have paired it with the pewter/silver Primigi MJs she has. I think it will go with a darker colored MJ of any kind.

for Sandy Hook