Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Thanskgiving outfits? (update #11)

what are your little ones wearing for Thanksgiving? this year we are going OOT and visiting family and so i'm sure I will get them dressed up . Last year we stayed home and they wore Gymboree "fall for autumn" line, but this year they both grew out of the clothes. this year i didn't see any great deals at Gymbo re : thanksgiving stuff (though i might have missed it)

i searched ebay for "thanksgiving" outfits and found these shirts (boy, and for girl) i think they are cute but not sure i want to do something that casual. for DS i am wondering about a sweater vest (with browns, oranges, or greens?) with DD, i'm thinking maybe a corduroy jumper or something? Any deals out there?
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 11-10-2012 at 09:35 PM.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Lol, well this just goes to show you that family culture differs so much. In my family we try to dress nicely, but don't go out of the way to do anything like a special outfit. In DH's family, EVERYONE (except for dh and myself) wears sweat pants! I'm not a really formal person, but the sweat pants drives me nuts. We are going to my parents' for thanksgiving this yr and I just plan to put my kids in jeans and a collared shirt. School clothes.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

i thought we were going to be going out this year-- so i had a whole outfit planned. now it seems we'll be home but we are going out the next day to longwood gardens, so i'll probably have lu dress up. i probably will dress her up at home too- just because my inlaws are going to be visiting.

i got this from boden ( the pink daisy vine print-- it has orange in so i thought it woudl work nicely):

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Girls-...asy-Dress.html

and i got this from gymboree but i had to order up a size and it's not here yet:
    http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_it...ed=0&fit_type=

i have a cream turtleneck and orange tights for this outfit. i'm waiting for some brown shoes i ordered to arrive -- i ordered boots and some more traditional strap shoes-- i'm going to see which i like better with these two outfits.

i agree that those shirts you found on ebay seem casual. good luck!

i forgot that i also ordered this from gymbo:

it's not as dressed up as the other two in my opinion (esp if i keep the fancier shoes i ordered), but it's seasonal and comfy! i'll probably have her wear this one to preschool for their thanksgiving program

I've always done Thanksgiving outfits. This year DD is wearing a long bubble/romper with a turkeys smocked on it. DSs are wearing chocolate brown cords with white long sleeve polo style shirts with their monograms in choc brown. Yes, I'm in the South. Last year DS2 had a appliqued turkey shirt from etsy that was super cute.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We are pretty casual as always, but still cute & pulled together so I think this fits - plus it is great with Miss Mopey's coloring:

Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Eh - this is one occasion that I don't care about a themed outfit. Sure Christmas is fine but I am not a fan of Turkey themed apparel. I'll do a fallish color theme but nothing that screams Thanksgiving.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I made super cute matching shirts last year for my kids and my niece. They were done with fabric glue and a few hand stitches! Super cute and cheap- I'm happy to post a pic if anyone is interested I'm not very crafty and they were easy.
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

These may not be your style but I think they are adorable! Also they are on sale
    http://www.cwdkids.com/servlet/quagg...als-girls_fall
    K

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I bought DD an orange sweater dress with embroidered pumpkins on the chest & orange-and-white striped leggings at the Gymbo outlet with the idea that she'd wear it all autumn, but it would look especially cute on Thanksgiving.

It's similar to this, but the skirt is plain knit, not cable:

http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_it...08474395917465

She wore a purple cord Boden jumper paired with the eyelet onesie from Hanna and white Hanna tights for her first Thanksgiving because the fabric screamed "fall" to me. I'd have loved a casual "First Thanksgiving" tee or something, but they didn't have them in her size when I looked for them.

Last year, I think I put her in Boden again.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast