Default How accurate is Target website listing for in stock items?

There is a dress I am considering getting for DD1 on target.com and I wondered how accurate the Find It in store button is. For one color, it varies between out of stock, limited stock and in stock, so if I'm going to go out of my way to the rare store that has it in stock, I'd like the listing to be accurate.

And what does limited stock mean.... may not be available in the desired size? Or less than two left available in that size?
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I was hunting for a maternity dress this summer and the online inventory wasn't accurate at all. I would suggest calling the Target that lists it in stock and see if they can check the floor for you and hold it if they find it.
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

jess is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

In my experience it's not accurate at all. There have been many things that it has said are in stock (meaning 2 or more of that item) or limited stock (meaning only 1 of that item at the store) and the store has had nothing. When I bring it up to the store people when I have them check stock they just laugh and say that the online stock listing is never right. It's extremely frustrating, especially when you get your hopes up that the store has what you want.

The best success I've had is actually calling the store and having them check for me.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Not very.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I agree with PP that the info is not very accurate. Limited stock usually means there are one or two left. But there have been times where the item says "in stock" or "limited stock" and the store had none at all.

I would call to see if the store actually has what you want before going over. I've done that, and Target has put the item on hold for me in customer service.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)