Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Post your goals and workouts!

My goal is to be able to do a pull up. Lame I know but I want to get stronger.

Today I did cross fit for the third day in a row, today's workout was:
    400m run
    5 dead lifts at 60 lbs
    as many reps as possible in 15 mins = 4.5 reps for me (I SUCK at running)

Oh and yesterday I did 4 hand stands (after doing 2 last week and 0 the week before!)!!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I want to do a pull up too but that is on the back burner now as I train for my 1st 1/2 marathon. My plan tomorrow is to run 5-6 miles. My challenge is to plan a route that will get my that far (I prefer to run outside).

Honestly, my #1 fitness goal now is to just choose a gym already! I do weights at home and run outside but I miss classes, swimming, biking... I just can't decide! I was all set and then a new gym opened and has me confused.

I just got my pull-up as of sept 26! Now I want to do 5 in a row, and kip 10 in a row.

Also I'm working up to ring dips, I can do one or two good dips on parallel bars, but I'm hopeless on rings still.
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just want to start working out regularly again. It's been a really REALLY (embarrassingly) long time. It's pathetic.

Still have my gym membership, and a Groupon for 10 sessions at a local yoga place.

My goal is to get off my butt and go. Regularly.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I thought going through pregnancy wouldn't make much of difference since I was already heavier and out of shape but I was very wrong.

I have a lot to lose and my goal right now is to get a plan together to begin. I want to start the Couch to 5k program. And try yoga. And get back into the ridiculous amount of great clothes that I just saw in storage today. Need to find the motivation I haven't seen since high school and I'm starting there.
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by tarahsolazy View Post
    I just got my pull-up as of sept 26! Now I want to do 5 in a row, and kip 10 in a row.

Also I'm working up to ring dips, I can do one or two good dips on parallel bars, but I'm hopeless on rings still.
    CONGRATS! Any tips? How long did it take??
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My BFF is supposed to be sending me TurboFire DVDs for Christmas.

For the first few months of 2013, my goal is to do those videos so I'll develop and keep good health habits.

So, my short-term goal is to get off the freaking couch.
    My longer-term goal is to work out regularly.
    My longer-than-that-term-longer-term goal is to start running.
    My ultimate goal is to get and stay fit so I can handle keeping up with my DD! (And, frankly, it would be nice to be able to want and enjoy sex again, which is something I do only when I'm feeling fit.)

As for weight loss, well, I could stand to lose about 50-60lbs and a dress size or two.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I'm trying to lose 75lbs which feels pretty insurmountable. But I joined Weight Watchers two weeks ago and have gotten the first 5.5lbs off.

Short Term Goal: There is a yoga class offered during lunch at my work once a week. I need to sit down and look at our budget and see if I can afford it (it is $12/week which really adds up).

Mid Term Goal: Start going to gym at work during lunch now that I am not pumping anymore. Would like to do 40 minutes 3 times a week (plus yoga)

Long Term Goal: Get to the point where when I see pictures of myself with the girls I don't cringe...and so I don't avoid taking pictures with the girls. How awful would it be for them to look back and see almost no pictures of me?
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    I'm trying to lose 75lbs which feels pretty insurmountable. But I joined Weight Watchers two weeks ago and have gotten the first 5.5lbs off.

Short Term Goal: There is a yoga class offered during lunch at my work once a week. I need to sit down and look at our budget and see if I can afford it (it is $12/week which really adds up).

Mid Term Goal: Start going to gym at work during lunch now that I am not pumping anymore. Would like to do 40 minutes 3 times a week (plus yoga)

Long Term Goal: Get to the point where when I see pictures of myself with the girls I don't cringe...and so I don't avoid taking pictures with the girls. How awful would it be for them to look back and see almost no pictures of me?
    If you can't work the yoga class into your budget, would you consider practice by video? I like the Crunch Yoga for Weight Loss video and anything with Shiva Rea as the instructor, but I've also done yoga on and off for almost 8 years.

I'd love to find a video I can do with DD after work/school, but I haven't looked really hard.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Did you guys see a recent article, maybe in the
    NYT about how it is so much harder for women to do pull ups. Only 4 out of 17 women could do even one.. Something to do with Needing muscule strength, low body fat and shorter stature to accomplisg pull ups.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast