Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    Did you guys see a recent article, maybe in the
    NYT about how it is so much harder for women to do pull ups. Only 4 out of 17 women could do even one.. Something to do with Needing muscule strength, low body fat and shorter stature to accomplisg pull ups.
    YES! It is motivating me!

Article
    http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/1...t-do-pull-ups/

Cross fit women's response video (funny, some bad language)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlPPfS1KpBc
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

workout today
    For Time
    21-18-15-12-9
    Sumo Deadlift High Pull
    Push Press

did 2 hand stands after -- arms are SO tired. The press pushes were SO SO hard.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

willow33 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I work out at home 5-6 days week. It just fits into my schedule better. Right now I'm doing Chalean Extreme (90 day strength training program) and changing up my cardio based on how I feel that day. But I just got Insanity in the mail today so I will be starting that soon!

LizzyWednesday - I've done Turbofire and it is one of the most fun workout programs I have every done. I still use the DVDs on certain cardio days. Chalean Johnson is one of my favorite trainers...very motivating! Good luck!
    ~H~

Mom to 3 sweet kids
    2003 ~ 2005 ~ 2009

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My goal is to loose 15 pounds. Yoga 4 times a week, elliptical two times a week. Completely cut out refined sugar once and for all.
    Do 20 push-ups.
    Last edited by infomama; 11-11-2012 at 06:49 AM.

boogiemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Lose 45 more pounds, hopefully by May.

Be able to do 29 regular push-ups, no knees!

Turbo Fire 6 days/week, Zumba 5-7 times/week, walking 2-3 times/week. This has been my routine for the past 17 weeks and I'm hoping will help me finish my weight loss journey!
    Tani

DS1 - 8/01
    DS2 - 4/05

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'd like to lose another 15 lbs.
    I would like to work out 5 days a week. Right now I regularly do 4.

Tomorrow I plan to go to 5:30 class- either step interval or bootcamp. I've been doing bootcamp for about 6 months now very consistently 3-4 times a week. I'm starting to get bored with it so tomorrow I might mix it up and do step, which I've done frequently in the past. We'll see. First I gotta get out of bed early enough to go! DD2 went has a head cold and had a fever this evening so I can't take her to the kids club tomorrow. So I have to work out early morning or I won't get it in at all.

I also take a tap dance class Monday nights so I'll do that tomorrow as well.
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i'd like to lose these last 10 lbs!

i'd also like to get into a sub-10 minute mile. lately i've been running 12-13 minute miles and it's so pathetic. my DH (who has a bmi of 30, and who up until a month ago was major couch potato) can already run 8 or 9 minute miles (albeit for short time), whereas i trained for 10 weeks for a 5k, and I am practically passing out after 5 minutes of running 12-minute miles.

i ran this morning using runkeeper (great app) and i was just so mad that i couldn't get below an 11minute mile, and the running was almost the same pace as my walking

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by willow33 View Post

LizzyWednesday - I've done Turbofire and it is one of the most fun workout programs I have every done. I still use the DVDs on certain cardio days. Chalean Johnson is one of my favorite trainers...very motivating! Good luck!
    Thanks! It's great to hear that the workout is fun - I can get bored easily, so it's been tough for me to work out independently.

My BFF has been using TurboFire, P90X and something else to get into shape ... and she's lost quite a bit of weight, which has always been something she struggled with, so I've been impressed that (1) she exercises regularly and (2) she's seeing such wonderful results.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I ran 5 miles on Sat. morning. I always intend to go out and run on the weekends but rarely do. It felt great. Lots of hills. I probably did 3-4 miles today; gorgeous weather and perfect for a run. Weights tomorrow-- and hopeful that I make it over and sign up at the gym I (think I) finally chose. Looking forward to classes there!

Quote Originally Posted by boogiemom View Post
    Turbo Fire 6 days/week, Zumba 5-7 times/week, walking 2-3 times/week. This has been my routine for the past 17 weeks and I'm hoping will help me finish my weight loss journey!
    wow awesome routine!
    Quote Originally Posted by nfowife View Post
    Tomorrow I plan to go to 5:30 class- either step interval or bootcamp. I've been doing bootcamp for about 6 months now very consistently 3-4 times a week. I'm starting to get bored with it so tomorrow I might mix it up and do step, which I've done frequently in the past. We'll see. First I gotta get out of bed early enough to go! DD2 went has a head cold and had a fever this evening so I can't take her to the kids club tomorrow. So I have to work out early morning or I won't get it in at all.

I also take a tap dance class Monday nights so I'll do that tomorrow as well.
    Cool -- I used to do bootcamp (did it for almost 2 years) and just started doing cross fit. I really like it! Tap sounds like a lot of fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    i'd also like to get into a sub-10 minute mile. lately i've been running 12-13 minute miles and it's so pathetic. my DH (who has a bmi of 30, and who up until a month ago was major couch potato) can already run 8 or 9 minute miles (albeit for short time), whereas i trained for 10 weeks for a 5k, and I am practically passing out after 5 minutes of running 12-minute miles.

i ran this morning using runkeeper (great app) and i was just so mad that i couldn't get below an 11minute mile, and the running was almost the same pace as my walking
    I SO hear you on the running. I was doing running / walking almost every day and can't get below 12 mins. SUCKS. I finally decided to refocus my efforts into more sprint interval and strength as I was making NO progress on running. Let me know what you do to break through! 11 mins is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I ran 5 miles on Sat. morning. I always intend to go out and run on the weekends but rarely do. It felt great. Lots of hills. I probably did 3-4 miles today; gorgeous weather and perfect for a run. Weights tomorrow-- and hopeful that I make it over and sign up at the gym I (think I) finally chose. Looking forward to classes there!
    Wow I wish I could run like that. Nice work!!

Today I did a brutal cross fit workout (with some modifications):
    For Time
    200 M Run
    50 Wall Balls (did 40 then coach told me to move on)
    200 M Run
    40 Push Ups (did them from my knees, I can do about 10 regular ones NO WAY I am getting 40 done)
    200 M Run
    30 Kettlebell Swings (25 lbs)
    200 M Run
    20 Box Jumps (lowest box -- did on on the regulation height, something to work on)
    200 M Run
    10 Muscle Ups (didn't do muscle ups, did assisted pull ups -- 6 sets of 5 pull ups and 5 dips both assisted)

And then I didn't die so that was good!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast