Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I lifted 65lbs overhead today. That is a HUGE increase for me. 2 months ago I was at 25 lbs (learning how to lift)
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    I lifted 65lbs overhead today. That is a HUGE increase for me. 2 months ago I was at 25 lbs (learning how to lift)
    Wowee! That's impressive
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

ijopint is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

you ladies rock!

I did a 6 mile trail race two weeks for under one hour and 9 minutes which was a big deal for me considering this was my race. I will continue to work on that goal for under hour and will if time permitted enter races next year.
    yay!!

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    Overhead squat, snatch, or press? That's awesome! I'm up to three pull-ups now, and can kip a couple. I also just got double unders. We have to do 3 single jumps for every double under we don't do at our box. Speaking of boxes, I also now have a max box jump of 30 inches, for sets of 3, and being that I am just under 61 inches tall, I feel pretty awesome about it!

For pull-up advice, I just practiced a ton, with bands and without. The hardest parts are initiating the movement and finishing, neither of which the band teaches well.
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

[ QUOTE=tarahsolazy;3686249]Overhead squat, snatch, or press? That's awesome! I'm up to three pull-ups now, and can kip a couple. I also just got double unders. We have to do 3 single jumps for every double under we don't do at our box. Speaking of boxes, I also now have a max box jump of 30 inches, for sets of 3, and being that I am just under 61 inches tall, I feel pretty awesome about it!

For pull-up advice, I just practiced a ton, with bands and without. The hardest parts are initiating the movement and finishing, neither of which the band teaches well.[/QUOTE]

I did clean and jerks. 10 reps (every 30 seconds for 5 mins). I would LOVE to do a pull up. That is just awesome! How did you get the DU? I am ok on SU but SUCK at DU. So far cannot get ONE. 30 inches is INSANE. I am still happy to be doing 20! I got DH a pull up bar for home and I have a band so that is exciting. Thanks for sharing!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My goal is to lose 15-20 lbs (goal weight 120, I'm at 138 now). I need to figure out a workout schedule as a single full time working mama. Thinking of dropping DD at day care, and after my morning meetings, going for a run then everyday. I want to get more conditioning exercise in to, but need something efficient.
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5