reneed is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default "Wow" gifts for 6ish year old boys

I'm at a loss this year. DS's bday is in September so he received most of what he wanted even though he still circles everything in the toy catalogs. What is everyone else getting for their boys this year?

wimama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am caving and getting a 3DS XL for my DS. Most of his friends have DS systems already. I would prefer not to buy a 3D system, but it seems all the new games will be in that format, so we are getting him the 3DS system. The 3D function can be turned off, so we plan on telling him to turn down/off the 3D aspect to make it easier on his eyes. His grandparents are getting him a medium sized Ninjago Lego set, and we are getting him a smaller Ninjago Lego set, Ninjago books, and a few of the spinners. Most of the stuff on my DS's list are smaller things like a Beyblade, Teenage Ninja Turtle action figure and such that are more stocking stuffer size gifts.

He has a very long list of wants, and we took him to the toy store to help him prioritize his list.
    Amy -
    J - Spring 2006
    E - September 2011

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

No idea about a "major" gift, but I plan to set up an indoor ball pit for him (inflatable swimming pool). He has sensory needs, so I know he'll love it.

Stumped about a big gift. He doesn't even know what he wants. We don't get any catalogs.

A large Lego set
    Air Hogs
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Ds1 is 6.5yo and his wow gift(s) will be an air hockey table (similar to this one )and a table top sized foosball game. We bought the foosball for his 6th-bday then ended up holding it back. I think he is going to love them both!

He would also love some large soccer goals for playing outdoor sports.

He has zero interest in Legos or electronic games, so he may not have interests similar to your Ds.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

DS will be closer to 7 but he wants lego ninjago. We'll buy him the huge temple set for his big Christmas gift. Maybe a regular digital camera if we can find one cheap.
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)