Thread: EMU sizing

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default EMU sizing

Do you find them to run TTS? Does the fur sort of mush down making them bigger after wearing? I saw some on clearance and was tempted.

Are you talking about the baby booties that look like baby Uggs? DD2 has a pair like these http://www.bonanza.com/listings/EMU-...FW-CQgod-GAAuQ , and I've found them to be long and narrow. They are actually too long for her, but I can barely get her foot into them because the foot area is so narrow and the seam above the foot doesn't stretch at all. Once they're on, they're fine, but they are a bear to put on. Hers are size medium, fwiw. She wears a 4 in SKR, 9-12m in SKR Smaller, 6-12m Robeez. HTH
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

Quote Originally Posted by MommyAllison View Post
    Are you talking about the baby booties that look like baby Uggs? DD2 has a pair like these http://www.bonanza.com/listings/EMU-...FW-CQgod-GAAuQ , and I've found them to be long and narrow. They are actually too long for her, but I can barely get her foot into them because the foot area is so narrow and the seam above the foot doesn't stretch at all. Once they're on, they're fine, but they are a bear to put on. Hers are size medium, fwiw. She wears a 4 in SKR, 9-12m in SKR Smaller, 6-12m Robeez. HTH
    Thanks! I was talking about the big kids' ones (for my 6 year olds) BUT they also had the baby booties and I was looking at those too so that does help.

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Anyone have the kids Emus?
    DD has slip ons and she easily wears her size 2s (bought way ahead at Gifting Grace) even though she only wears a 13 in regular shoes so I think that the fur can help with padding if you want to size up.
    ~C~

Mama to a curious daughter born in May 2006 and a persistent son born in July 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Anyone have the kids Emus?
    DD has a pair in size 9 toddler and they seem true to size. They are pretty warm so she doesn't really like wearing them too much. I prefer their quality to uggs.

SummerBaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Both my DDs have Emus in sizes 11 and 13. They run true to size- I haven't noticed they get big after wearing. We really like them!

So, the biggest size available was 12...I think it would have been nice to go up one but these are a good fit for now. Thanks all!