Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melbel View Post
    In post #8 above, I listed items for 11 year old girls which should also easily work for a 10 year old. I would also consider her hobbies (art, cooking, sports etc.).

By 10.5, DD1 was not into Justice much anymore. She recognizes that the clothes are cheaply made, over priced and too blingy (I am so happy she reached this conclusion on her own. As such a GC to Justice is not necessarily a safe bet. DD1's current favorite is Old Navy or Gap. DD1 and all of her friends love picking out stuff at Bath & Body Works these days.

I would not pick out an outfit for her. Tween girls are WAY too picky.

DD1 received this earring set from MIL for her 11th birthday and really likes it (sterling silver is working well for her): http://www.ross-simons.com/products/435889.html (note extra 25% off)
    Thanks, Melbel!

Honestly, I lean towards ON & Gap myself because the clothes are simple and the stores aren't as loud as other stores... man, I sound old.

I don't really think the kid has time for any hobbies - SIL seems to schedule the kids so that they're rarely home together (perhaps by design because they fight and pick on each other & SIL doesn't deal with conflict) and the only thing I know my niece actually DOES is soccer. But, since she's been playing since she could walk, she has a crud-ton of soccer stuff already.

If she were more like I remember myself being at 10, I'd have a lot less trouble!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

My 10 year old DD loves playing with her Mindstorm kit, Headbandz and Spot It.
    Last edited by Aarohismom; 11-18-2012 at 04:07 AM.

oneplustwo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD, 11 years:
    Some kind of jewelry, not sure what yet
    A new iPod Touch (from Apple, refurbished)
    Books ~ not sure what yet

Gifts to share with her 9-yo brothers:
    Spot It (glad to hear from a PP it's a hit)
    More Wii nunchuks (to share when friends are over)
    Sleeping Queens game
    “The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one often comes from a strong will,
    and the other from a strong won’t.” Henry Ward Beecher

Worry is like a rocking chair ~ it keeps you busy but it doesn't get you anywhere.

for Sandy Hook Elementary School

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    If you want to give it as a gift, you can buy a game card at Target for the same price. I got one for DS1. It is nice because it's something I can wrap for him.
    I had no idea about this. My kids have been happy with the free app.

So, my question is, Can this gift card be used by multiple players or is it one account and I should buy one for each of my sons?

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by zoestargrove View Post
    I had no idea about this. My kids have been happy with the free app.

So, my question is, Can this gift card be used by multiple players or is it one account and I should buy one for each of my sons?
    It looks like the gift card allows the creation of one account. But I don't see any reason why they can't share the account and each make up their own worlds, assuming you stick with single player. If they wanted to play multiplayer with each other from two separate computers I imagine they would each need their own account (I don't let DS play multiplayer so I'm not 100% sure).

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melbel View Post
    Another bigger ticket item that my DS really enjoys (and has educational value)
    Lego Mindstorms - http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-4544091-M...ego+mindstorms
    I had no idea about Mindstorms, thanks for the link. DS has asked about building a robot before, so I'll have to see what he thinks about this before spending that much.

DS is 10, also loves Minecraft and his Nintendo 3DS. I'll get him a few games for that. New ones he would like: Super Paper Mario Sticker Star (he bought that last week already), Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive!, Adventure Time, Roller Coaster Tycoon. He also already has New Super Mario Bros 2 which he likes (came out a month or two ago).

He would like an iPod touch (definitely not getting) and a Kindle Fire (probably not getting). He would like a Wii U too, but I think we'll wait on that for a while. I'll get him a few books too, he's a reluctant reader but has shown interest in the "I Survived' series.

Thanks to the bargains board:
    Steve Spangler science has 25% today (still not sure, LOTS of cool stuff)
    and ThinkGeek has free shipping today (light up lego block)
    - these sites game some some ideas for my 9.5 year old DD

redhookmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

For my DD10

purple UGGS!
    skin care kit
    hair straightener
    socks that you put in the microwave to warm up
    ear buds

Ms B is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would love a couple book ideas for my bestie's 11 year old son. They will be coming through town on Xmas Eve Eve from her brother's and spending the night with us.

I get to see my bestie about every other year and I always give her DS books. The last round I gave him (April 2011) included The Phantom Tollbooth and Nick Abercrombie, Accidental Zombie. Both of these were big hits; he is not a big reader, but insisted that his parents read Tollbooth to him over and over and he took out and read all the Nick Abercrombie books from the library.

What do 11 year olds boys like to read now? Is The Black Stallion too girly? The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe? Hardy Boys? Is The Hobbit too advanced? I know that I read it around that age (and The Lord of the Rings trilogy after that), but I was largely unsupervised in my reading at that point and probably was reading a lot of inappropriate things.

TIA!
    DS - "The Biscuit" 8/11
    Forever ours 4/12!

For DS1....12 yrs old... into Dr Who and Minecraft (has been playing for 2 yrs now)

Dr. Who Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote Control 100$: http://www.bbcamericashop.com/house-...rol-16857.html (I got his on Amazon though....this was the Top Top of his Wishlist has been asking for it since May)

Tetris Light $48 http://www.firebox.com/product/5339/Tetris-Light (amazon also has them and they have them at ThinkGeek but are sold out....they look really cool)

Eco-sphere https://eco-sphere.com/index.html (I haven't ordered but I thinking about it!)

Tardis iPod Case $37: http://www.redbubble.com/people/ktro...one5_deflector

A Dr. Who T-shirt and 4 or 5 stickers

Battery For Laptop

Steam Gift Card-

iTunes Gift Card

Couple of books in both French and English that he wants.

For DD 10 yrs old

Ipod 5

iTunes GC

2 new earrings

she collects pill boxes and I am adding to her collection with a reindeer one

some yarn for her knitting hobby

Couple of books in French that she has asked for

Amazon GC
    Last edited by plusbellelavie; 11-27-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast