Default Pacifier question

My 2 mo DS loves the soothie pacifier he started taking while in the hopital. He is also a champ at breast feeding with no problems with nipple confusion. We recently introduced bottles as I am going back to work soon. He seems to take them fine except the flow seems a little fast for him even it the newborn nipple. My question is about the soothie pacifier. How important is it that this pacifier is not orthotic? I've tried to switch him to some other pacifiers that claim to be orthotic (dr browns, nuk, even other orthotic pacifiers made be avent). He just isn't interested. I don't know how important it is or how hard to push. Since he just started taking a bottle, it will be another change and another new nipple for him to adjust to. Should I wait a month and try again? Should I forget about trying to switch him altogether? Any advice would be apreciated. Thanks!

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't think it matters. Stick with the paci he liked. What bottles are you using? Every brand's nipples have different "slow" flows.

We're using the phillips avent natural bottles. We haven't tried any other brands to compare. I picked them because there were no extra pieces to wash/lose/assemble.

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would try the Playtex drop ins. Even less parts to wash as you throw out the liner. The slow nipple is so slow (perfect for DD) that I have some friends who BF who found it to be too slow for their BF babies. You can pick them up at the grocery store in a single pack normally.