ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default suggestions for fall/winter tops for work

That will hide a growing belly? I am at ~6 weeks now, and do not want to get into maternity clothes until it is safe to announce at work (lost last pregnancy at 10 weeks).

I must look pregnant already, since I was congratulated multiple times at a social event two weeks ago - before I was late enough to even think about taking a test.

I am long-waisted, so finding shirts that are long enough is normally a problem.
    ncat
    mama to DD 12/04, DS1 11/08, and DS2 7/13

jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hopefully someone else will chime in but this thread was helpful: http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...bump+goldenpig
    Unfortunately, I have hardly any of these in my wardrobe already. I'm surviving with a Bella Band around the top of my normal slacks, shirts/blouses that are banded at the bottom and scarves to draw attention up high. I'm nine weeks and feel like my bump is outta control noticeable, but it does depend on what I'm wearing. Thank goodness it's sweater weather.
    Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks Jennilynn! Unfortunately I don't really have anything that structured, and I mostly wear pants to work. I don't think I'll be wearing the wrap dress I wore when I got all the congratulatory comments again any time soon!

In general, I really need to update my wardrobe with some new tops/blouses. I would love suggestions for brands/styles that run long and (ideally) de-emphasize a belly.
    ncat
    mama to DD 12/04, DS1 11/08, and DS2 7/13

I commented on the above thread (I think) that I wore alot of banded tops or regular tops with blazers and hid it very well. I think blazers are the way to go and try to pair them with tops that have tiers or ruffles or flowy tie necks. (LOFT's site is down right now, but I know they have several of these tanks as well as Black White Market - very cute and you will get a lot of use out of them after pregnancy as well as they are great for dealing with PP belly and the short sleeves can be worn in the summer or paired with jackets for fall). I was looking for longer tops this weekend as I am 3 weeks PP w/ 10 extra lbs. and LOFT had some, but it was hit or miss so you really need to try them on. Gap was my best for longer tops, but I was only trying on casual tops in there.

kmkaull is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I'm going through this too (almost 8 weeks) and IVF bloat is just the worst. Not sure how I'm going to hide my pooch at Thanksgiving. Check Gap out. I found a couple of shirts this weekend that have a banded bottom and dolman sleeves. I think they might work.