Default Clearing youtube cache--BBB induced problem

I was looking at threads here after the Diva cup deal was posted and clicked though a link that was either on different folds or a review? Anyway, now I was just reviewing my student presentations for tomorrow (all my students present from my personal laptop because it's the only way to ensure that any conversion problems have been corrected and move quickly between presentation) and when I linked to one of their videos all the suggested videos on the side of the screen were for menstrual cup videos. This is a biology class, but it's a bit more biology than I want to talk about with them if you know what I mean. How in the world do I get rid of these suggestions?
    Last edited by Snow mom; 12-03-2012 at 09:53 PM.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Could you use a new browser? If you use IE, download Firefox or Chrome. Make sure you aren't logged in to your gmail from that browser (gmail and youtube are now tied together somehow) and start "fresh".

I'd also block ads with AdBlock.

I'm sure there's a way to delete your history, but the recommendations... I'm not sure and I'd worry! A new browser should take care of it for sure.

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Lol! I have no idea...I hope someone else can help you, but if not, maybe watch a diff. youtube video related to the presentations, so at least the suggested videos aren't anything to be embarrassed about.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

can you get into settings/tools on your browser and clear your browser history.

I tried clearing the history from the last month but the suggested videos were still there. I hate clearing my entire cache because all the things that I want my computer to remember end up getting erased too. Anyway, I found a way to delete cookies by website. Looking at the list of websites with cookies on my computer argues that I should delete these more often, but at least I have the problem solved for tomorrow.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

tabegle is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Can you create a new user on your laptop or have the students log in as a guest? With the different profile, you might need to check that all your software is shared with the multiple profiles on your computer, but I think that's worth a shot!

Good luck!