Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Ds2's crib converted to a toddler bed. He turns 5 soon and still comfortably uses the toddler bed.

Dd1 is almost 3 and still in her crib with the rail up. She can climb out and does when we come and get her ( I actually taught her how while pregnant with dd2 bc I couldn't lift her) but doesn't climb out otherwise- she just hangs out in there and plays with her animals. Not sure when we'll take off the rail to covert it since she's happy now- and we are too! I'm not in a hurry and am SO glad we got another crib for DD2 instead of rushing DD1 out- the first 4 months were hard enough without dealing with a toddlers newfound freedom at night!
    DD1 01/10
    DD2 04/12

My kids will turn 6 in Feb and are just about to bust through the headboard of their toddler bed. Bad mommy. I just can't decide on beds for them.

They were in cribs until about 3.5, when we converted to the toddler beds.
    -Kate

Mom to Sally & Leo - 2/20/07

Thanks everyone! And I appreciate the stories of old kids in the toddler bed. I don't really mind buying another crib if we're going to use it for several years as crib then toddler bed.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

karstmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

ds went to a toddler bed at 5 1/4. he wasn't trying to get out, and wasn't potty trained, so...i let it slide. anyway, then he got a separate toddler bed & has used it almost a year, and went to a twin just this week. he'll be 6 on the first.
    mama to j karst, former 25 weeker, 12/06

ZeeBaby is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD1 was 20 mos when we had DD2. We went with two cribs. DD1 was still happy in her crib and she just seemed so small to me for a big girl bed. She is now 4.5 and still in her crib converted to a toddler bed. We are trying to get her to go to a twin but she isn't really interested lol.

DD was happily in her crib until a little past her 2nd b-day. She was in the toddler bed (converted crib) until last week when we moved her to a twin sized bed. She is 3.75. She could have been in her toddler bed for longer, but the furniture was mine when I was a kid and we got tired of paying for a storage facility, so we decided to move her into it.
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DS1 was in a crib until he was 2yrs 4months. The only reason we took DS1 out of the crib was because Ds2 wasn't sleeping well in the PNP anymore and I wanted to see if he would sleep better in the crib. DS1 went from a crib into a twin bed, so no advice on the toddler bed.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Jack's bed covers to a toddler bed < side comes off> then we could use it to convert to a headboard for a full size bed. Jack was 4 last month and is very happy in his toddler bed.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Both kids were in twin beds by their 2nd birthday. DD moved slightly earlier because we moved before her 2nd birthday and were living in hotels for 2 months. She shared a queen/king with DS during that time.

Once we moved we got bunk beds. We also set up the old crib as a toddler bed in the same room. DD is almost 3.5 now and switches between the toddler bed and bottom bunk as she pleases. Its probably about 60/40 in favor of the toddler bed. Our bunk bed is from Ikea and the lower bunk is the same height as our toddler bed.

I don't know your DS but for my kids the switch to a twin bed was painless. I would probably have the new baby sleep somewhere else for the first 4-6 months. In your bed, in a bassinet, co-sleeper, p&p, etc. Make a big deal about DS turning 2 and getting a BIG bed for his birthday. If he is into it I would get a twin bed and avoid buying a new crib. If he resists the idea then its time for a 2nd crib.
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast