Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I don't remember when I converted the cribs to toddler beds but my 5 year olds just moved to twin beds and still where fine in the toddler bed

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm glad to see that we aren't the only one still in a crib at 2.5.

Our DD doesn't attempt to climb out and she sleeps so well, both nap and nighttime so I don't want to mess that up. I figure when she starts climbing out we'll move her to a real bed.
    DD Spring 2010

KDsMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DS was in his crib until he was almost 3, then moved to a toddler bed. He moved to a full size bed around 4.5.

If I were in your shoes I'd buy another crib.
    Christie
    DS '07
    DSS '09
    DSS '12
    DD1 9/21/14

We were in the same situation. Our boys are 26 mo apart and I thought Stachio wouldn't be done with his crib because he seemed totally content to be in it. So we ordered a new crib for Peanut. Less than 2 mo before Peanut arrived Stachio started crawling out of his crib and we had to convert it to a toddler bed.

So in hind sight we could have used the crib for Peanut and gotten Stachio a twin bed. However, I'm glad we got Peanut his own crib. Stachio had to move rooms and keeping his bed the same was one familiar thing that we could move to his new room and I think it helped the transition.

I guess I'm ok with having 2 cribs. Both convert...so we'll be ok...and given Stachio's room layout...I like having the smaller toddler bed. We also didn't get a crazy expensive crib so it didn't bother me much - especially since Peanut has gotten SO many hand-me-downs. It is nice that he has his own bed.

That is my 2 cents. If you can keep your older one in a crib longer, do it. If you get a crib and he decides to crawl out before #2 arrives...its ok.
    --------
    DS - Adopted by loving parents 1995
    DS1 7/2009 ('Stachio)
    DS2 9/2011 (Peanut)

Just to add our situtation: I had bought a convertible crib for DS1, when DD1 was born- they are 19 months apart- I got another convertible crib. When DS1 turned 3 we bought him a toddler bed to get his crib ready for the new baby.
    So now we have:
    -almost 4 yr old in toddler bed- he loves it, but moves around TONS and probably better off in a twin bed already. We're just not buying it so soon...
    -2 yr old in a convertible crib- doesn't climb out, but would absolutely love to be in a toddler bed. We would not do it so soon cuz she'd NEVER stay in bed then!
    -and 3 month old in a convertible crib.

Not sure I'd do the same thing if I'd have to do it again, but it's not too terrible. I think I should've gone with a twin bed instead of toddler, cuz of the two convertibles... but whatever it is, it is.

Thanks everyone. Crib #2 is purchased! I feel much better about this knowing that since they are convertibles, we'll probably be using them for more than just a couple of years.

Now to figure out the double stroller
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

DS is newly 3 and still in his crib (and fully PT). Someday we'll take the front off. If I have learned one thing from this board, it is "if it's not broke, don't fix it!"

DS definitely could climb out if he wanted to. I've discouraged it the few times he started to though so he's still staying in for now. We HAVE to potty train soon though, and I'm debating whether we have to convert to the toddler bed before we do. I thought about switching him when DS2 came along, but I'm so glad that we just bought another crib. Our second was much less expensive (Graco), but it's been fine.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

At 20 months age difference I would just get the full size Arms Reach Cosleeper and use it as a crib or PnP until around 6 m of age.
    Audrey - Feb 2010
    Anderson - Dec 2011

Please, no babies in 2012!

peanut520 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

dd was never a climber but we switched the crib to a toddler bed at 24 months since dd didnt want to wear pull ups at night and wanted only her big girl underwear. we went to a from the toddler bed to twin bed at 30 months.
    DD 2/09 - My sweet loving Spunky/Spirited child

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast