Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DD1 was in her crib till 3 (we switched to make her feel more like a big girl, so she wasn't in a crib like her baby sister)....and at 4.5 she's still happy in her toddler bed (front crib rail taken off w/guard rail)....Her bed then converts into a full bed; so she'll be using this bed 'till she leaves for college

I bought the same type of crib for DD2.....though I think I'll be lucky if she makes it to 3, as she's already attempted to climb out a few times.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My two are 21 months apart and I got a second crib. My oldest DD loved sleeping in her crib and slept well. I did not want to rock the boat on that especially with a newborn who probably would have crappy sleep. I bought a cheaper (than DD1's) crib and it served DS very well.
    DD ended up staying in her crib as a crib until about 3y4m, when I turned it into a toddler bed. I really didn't need to do that, she was fine in it as a crib still, but we moved and it was fine. She is very much a "pleaser" and wasn't the type to wander. She stayed in the toddler bed until we moved again when she was 5. She's tall for her age and slept just fine, not cramped or anything. Now she's in a twin and it is fine too. Her 23 month old sister is in her old crib and loves it too! No plans to move her to the toddler bed or regular bed anytime soon. DS's crib did not convert to anything else so when he was 3.5 we moved and I got rid of the crib and moved him to a twin. He also would have stayed in the crib longer but did just fine in a bed too.
    Last edited by nfowife; 11-20-2012 at 12:16 AM.
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

my kids are 25 months appart. DS was in his crib until he was 3.5. Then we transitioned him into a twin. Then his crib was recalled and we returned it for the full purchase price! DD was in her crib until 2-2.5? Then we converted it to a toddler bed. She's still in it (they share a TINY room and we are STILL trying to finish our upstairs for DS to have his own room. She'll trade a crib for a double bed! (She'll be 5 in March and is TALL for her age-maybe 3.5 feet tall?).
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4