twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Costco CK ponte pant - holes anyone?

I have worn my black ponte pant maybe 10 times now (and they have been washed only twice, on gentle, and air-dried flat just like it says to do). I took them off today and along the seam on the butt are HOLES - lots of them! Right along the stitching. I was horrified!

So then I thought maybe I got a dud and I dug out my gray pair, which have been worn slightly less frequently and have only been washed once. I found 2 holes along that same butt seam!!

Anyone else have issues with the quality of these pants? And I don't think I kept the receipt I am so bummed because I love the way these look on my legs and love the fact that they have jeans-style pockets on back/fake pockets on sides for that extra "coverage" that those details provide.

Now I need to find a replacement, stat! These were such great travel pants because I'd throw them on after my meetings for dinner with the team, with black patent ballet flats, a top, and cardi and they made a nice pulled-together dinner outfit that was super comfy too...

I don't know anything about those pants, but just wanted to tell you that you can return to Costco without a receipt. Its no problem- I've done it many times.
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

Quote Originally Posted by happymom View Post
    I don't know anything about those pants, but just wanted to tell you that you can return to Costco without a receipt. Its no problem- I've done it many times.
    Oh WHEW, thanks! That makes me feel a tiny bit better

joules is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I've posted about these Nordstrom juniors ones before: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/jolt-pon...=&resultback=0

Real pockets in back. Fake ones in front. I like the pocket placement in the back.

I've only worn them twice and haven't washed them yet. But Nordstrom's also has a great return policy.
    DS1 - 03/10
    DS2 - 02/12

Quote Originally Posted by joules View Post
    I've posted about these Nordstrom juniors ones before: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/jolt-pon...=&resultback=0

Real pockets in back. Fake ones in front. I like the pocket placement in the back.

I've only worn them twice and haven't washed them yet. But Nordstrom's also has a great return policy.
    Thanks for the rec! How low is the rise? I have issues with low-rise now because of my diastasis and muffin top. I really wish I could find a good pair of skinny ponte pants with a high rise and/or really wide waistband!

joules is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Thanks for the rec! How low is the rise? I have issues with low-rise now because of my diastasis and muffin top. I really wish I could find a good pair of skinny ponte pants with a high rise and/or really wide waistband!
    It's low-rise. Sorry.

Would a shaping tank top help? I got a Flexees tank from Costco last summer, it really helped keep in my tummy. I liked that the chest part didn't have the shapping material. I also got a cheap shaping one from Old Navy. That one also works pretty good.
    DS1 - 03/10
    DS2 - 02/12

Quote Originally Posted by joules View Post
    It's low-rise. Sorry.

Would a shaping tank top help? I got a Flexees tank from Costco last summer, it really helped keep in my tummy. I liked that the chest part didn't have the shapping material. I also got a cheap shaping one from Old Navy. That one also works pretty good.
    I got a Spanx shaping tank hoping it would help with this very issue but sadly, no It just rolls right up my belly after I stand and sit a couple of times. I've even tried tucking it in, but that didn't work either. It's times like this that I think "tummy tuck!" but I'm too chicken to go through with it since my c-section recovery was so rough (my OB did a partial tuck during my c-section - he pulled together my abdominal muscles as much as he could because they were so badly separated). My belly grosses me out so much - it doesn't just stick out but it's covered with wrinkly, saggy, thin skin that hangs over my c-section scar.

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The tanks they sell at costco sometimes don't ride up! I forget the name - fat free dressing or flexees or something. (d'oh that is what pp said - the flexees one) I have seen them on Amazon also.

I have other brands and they all ride up, but not the Flexees one. I love them and wear them almost all the time.