Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Seriously? Is it just me, or is everything ugly?

I haven't gone real clothes shopping in a couple years due to pregnancy and nursing and right before I got pregnant I was in weight loss mode so...

I am at a new low-low and within 5 lbs of my wedding day weight (primarily due to MSPI diet) (hoping I can keep it off)

Clothes are falling off of me, and I'm sick of looking ridiculous so I went to Target hoping to find just a couple outfits. I left with one pair of paints that I ended up hating and will return. Everything was so ugly! Target is usually my go-to for cheap clothes (they have to be cheap for me right now). I would go thrifting but I have to take DS everywhere and it's just more trouble than it's worth trying stuff on with a baby.

I kept seeing the big short boxy shirts and weird prints on everything. Is it just me? Any other recs for CHEAP clothes that are cute? I will probably go to Old Navy if I get a chance later today. I would really like one nice outfit to at least wear on Thanksgiving and by nice all I mean is the right size and not hideous!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

There are so many stores running deals now that you could go up 1 tier and pay the same (or less) than Target. I just got a 30% code for Gap, BR and ON. I bet Loft, Limited, Lands End...have deals too.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My new cheap but nice-looking clothing is coming from the Caslon area of Nordstrom (what is that section called?) The sale racks are organized by size and color, and they've always had at least 5 season-appropriate tops for me to try on. I usually end up buying 2 for less than $20 each. I didn't try pants/skirts on there since I don't need any, but they're probably pretty nice and not expensive either...

Liziz is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I can sympathize! I went shopping for the first time post-baby lately, and couldn't find anything I liked! It was so frustrating! I'll be watching this thread to see what others suggest!
    Lizi

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Check H&M too. I like the Caslon at Nordstrom too. Do you have a Nordstrom Rack close by?

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I find I have to really pick and choose to find things appropriate for my post-baby body because I have lumps & bumps in places I didn't used to.

Anyway, I've never really liked Target for clothing.

I'll have to agree with SnuggleBuggles, who recommended 30% sales at step-up stores ... also, please check out NY & Company and The Limited. They're not super-cheap, but they ARE running some good sales - NY & Co, for example, was running a 70% off sale recently per an e-mail I got the other day.

Good luck!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Well, I am still a Target fan, but I agree you have to dig.

I recently bought some soft, thin, v-neck sweaters. Perfect for my not cold winter. They probably won't hold up well, but nothing Target ever does...
    (http://www.target.com/p/mossimo-wome...s/-/A-14029594)

And some juniors skinny pants to tuck into boots - can't find online. I bought a black pair that are kind of a cheap velveteen/corduroy/slightly fuzzy material.
    And then a printed pair (not great on my butt - have to wear a long shirt. I bought a different color which are going back, but I like this burgundy printed pair (http://www.target.com/p/mossimo-wome...simo%20stretch) (to tuck into tall boots.)

I also bought a zip fleece recently and an embellished cardigan there.

Other than that, I do like the Limited, but mostly for work clothes.

Congrats on the weight loss!
    Last edited by fivi2; 11-18-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You need to check out clearance racks at Nordstrom rack, loft, etc
    Great stuff for target prices!
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I spent 2 hours at NR the other day for work clothes and left VERY disappointed. Everything was thin, thin fabric, and boxy or flowy. I tried on tons of stuff and nothing worked for post-twins body with muffin top. Grrrr. It was a reminder of why I'd rather shop online at places that do free returns. It felt like such a waste!

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Thanks guys! I will check the mall places like ATL and NY&C. Sadly, no Nordstrom, Rack or H&M in my town. I struck out at Old Navy this morning but found a great pair of Lucky jeans at TJ Maxx. I also bought a pair of straight leg brown cords that I liked but found a hole when I got home and I don't think they had another pair. My mom is coming in town tomorrow so may be one chance to shop without the baby.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast