Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by fivi2 View Post
    Well, I am still a Target fan, but I agree you have to dig.

I recently bought some soft, thin, v-neck sweaters. Perfect for my not cold winter. They probably won't hold up well, but nothing Target ever does...
    (http://www.target.com/p/mossimo-wome...s/-/A-14029594)

And some juniors skinny pants to tuck into boots - can't find online. I bought a black pair that are kind of a cheap velveteen/corduroy/slightly fuzzy material.
    And then a printed pair (not great on my butt - have to wear a long shirt. I bought a different color which are going back, but I like this burgundy printed pair (http://www.target.com/p/mossimo-wome...simo%20stretch) (to tuck into tall boots.)

I also bought a zip fleece recently and an embellished cardigan there.

Other than that, I do like the Limited, but mostly for work clothes.

Congrats on the weight loss!
    Those sweaters look nice. My other issue is that in the past I have worn leggings and tunic tops, sweaters or dresses with boots at this time of year and now I am realizing that that formula is so not nursing friendly! I would love to find some inexpensive crossover tops of some kind or some crossover dresses that would layer well.

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Those sweaters look nice. My other issue is that in the past I have worn leggings and tunic tops, sweaters or dresses with boots at this time of year and now I am realizing that that formula is so not nursing friendly! I would love to find some inexpensive crossover tops of some kind or some crossover dresses that would layer well.
    LE has this dress for cheap.
    http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-34...245885_59.html

The ratings weren't great but they worked for me when I sized down.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Do you object to used clothes? What about something from the thrift store or a consignment shop? I mention this because I get most of my things (except undies, bras, shoes, socks and fleeces) from the thrift store. I find name brand jeans for $5-$12(current fave is Loft curvy fit) and my go-to Eddie Bauer t-shirts for $2-$5, and outer layers of sweaters, blazers etc for $5-$12. Granted, not every place has good thrifting - some places there are too many thrifty people. But right now is a great time - lots of women clean out their closets just before or after the holidays.

Men's clothes are trickier to buy used, but honestly, unless you're a fashion maven, why buy all new? There is so much good stuff for women.

The best part - if the current trends aren't to your taste (sounds like this may be the case), then you're still good... just be sure to look things over carefully, and wash before wearing/or putting in the closet.

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    LE has this dress for cheap.
    http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-34...245885_59.html

The ratings weren't great but they worked for me when I sized down.
    That dress looks great and exactly what I am looking for! I was totally going to jump on it but I realized I would probably need even smaller than an XS according to the size chart.

Quote Originally Posted by robinsmommy View Post
    Do you object to used clothes? What about something from the thrift store or a consignment shop? I mention this because I get most of my things (except undies, bras, shoes, socks and fleeces) from the thrift store. I find name brand jeans for $5-$12(current fave is Loft curvy fit) and my go-to Eddie Bauer t-shirts for $2-$5, and outer layers of sweaters, blazers etc for $5-$12. Granted, not every place has good thrifting - some places there are too many thrifty people. But right now is a great time - lots of women clean out their closets just before or after the holidays.

Men's clothes are trickier to buy used, but honestly, unless you're a fashion maven, why buy all new? There is so much good stuff for women.

The best part - if the current trends aren't to your taste (sounds like this may be the case), then you're still good... just be sure to look things over carefully, and wash before wearing/or putting in the closet.
    I love thrift stores. I think you are right, I just need to be willing to put in the time. I had been avoiding it because of the baby and trying stuff on, but yesterday my mom went with me to hold the baby and I did try on some stuff. I left with a Boden skirt & ATL pants (both half off). I also lucked out that my sister brought me a dress she didn't love anymore and it's perfect for me.

So if I could just find a couple of wrap shirts or dresses for cheap, that would be fantastic!

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yeah, that is the harder thing about thrifting - it is a bit of a treasure hunt. It's great when you find a score, but it does take a bit more time to dig. Gotta love the variety, though.

I wonder if the big sale at the Gap might have something for you? They used to have wrap maternity/nursing tops....

Here's one in my favorite color!

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...&pid=153897032

This is nice, because it you're used to a little more length, it still has that, but it will work for nursing. I liked winter nursing tops that kept me covered more - we've always lived in cold places, and I hate having my stomach bared more that needful in the cold.

Unhappy

I don't have a recommendation, but I just want to say that I'm glad it's not just me who thinks everything is hideous! I am also in dire need of clothing coming off a few years of no new clothing due to pregnancies and am horrified by what it out there - nothing for me! Not even finding stuff at my go to TJ Maxx store.

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Yes I think things are kind of ugly this season as well. I was poking around on Canvas by Lands End (30% off) and everything looked extremely frumpy on the models so if hat is any indication of what it looks like the I can almost guarantee it will look like "fat frumpy" on me and not vey attractive at all. I usually buy work clothes at The Limited, Macy's INC line, and the Ann Taylor stores (I never buy anything if it is not on sale).
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2