Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    WOW are you serious?? Jeans to an interview?? Even as an EE, i have never seen that. I've only interviewed though at big companies (no startups or small businesses)

The last company i worked at was in California, but even still, jeans only on Fridays. Maybe bc it was a very international company though (most were not US citizens and were from all over...we didn't get holidays off for this reason), and i think folks from other countries (e.g. many parts of Asia) people are used to dressing up more formally for work..i don't know.

when i went for the interview at this company, i didn't notice anybody wearing jeans.
    If anyone ever showed up to an interview in jeans, I'd ask them why they were not dressed appropriately and then not take them remotely seriously. I guess it depends on your industry, I work in Corproate America. I'm not saying a suit and tie is required, or a dress. But jeans? Absolutely not. Your attire sends a message.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

Giantbear is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

yes, but i have killer legs
    Proud father of dd 5-30-10

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    If anyone ever showed up to an interview in jeans, I'd ask them why they were not dressed appropriately and then not take them remotely seriously. I guess it depends on your industry, I work in Corproate America. I'm not saying a suit and tie is required, or a dress. But jeans? Absolutely not. Your attire sends a message.
    Well, I'm glad we took our interview candidates seriously because we hired an excellent engineer!

I'm an EE in Silicon Valley - clothing runs the gamut. That said, I would never wear jeans to an interview. I dressed up to be the interviewer as well.
    Sweetie Pies, DS 9/2004 & DS 4/2008

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by chottumommy View Post
    Me too and I thought most engineering companies would be like that. I would totally wear that skirt to work with tights and boots. I'm the only woman in the group so I set the standard for women's wear . Most men wear jeans + ratty tshirt or sweatshirt and on a good day when we have visitors might bother with a shirt.
    Haha - this is exactly what I was thinking! You could set the standard! OP, I totally hear ya on the pants issue. Esp if your job requires a lot of sitting in front of a computer where the waist cuts into your gut. I've actually gotten dizzy before from waistbands cutting into my midsection even though they are the right size because when I sit, everything in my gut protrudes out in the front due to the diastasis and it's really uncomfortable. Skirts and dresses are so much more comfortable when you are dealing with a mummy tummy. I think it's a cute skirt, esp for your sitting in front of a computer days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3