PMJ is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Comfy comforter for toddler girl?

Need some recommendations for a comforter for a toddler girl? I don't know that we need a whole set of sheets, pillow cases etc.

We live in the mid-atlantic, so it does get fairly cold here in the winter.

I'd also prefer a MB (an actual store) and not online.

thanks
    -------------------------
    Thanks for your time!

PMJ is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Forgot to add that DD is in a toddler bed and will be in it for 2 more years.

After that, we will get her a full size bed. Sooo I don't want to spend too much money on a comforter that we will only use for 2 years.

thanks again
    -------------------------
    Thanks for your time!

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We bought a set at Walmart. Not the highest quality obviously but like you we won't be using it long. We don't use the flat sheet but have used the fitted sheet and pillow case.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

We use a down throw as DD's comforter. We'll use it as a throw again once she's in a twin bed.

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Mistaken post. Sorry.
    Last edited by swissair81; 11-26-2012 at 02:12 PM.

We bought a polyfil insert from Ikea and stuffed it inside of a PBK toddler duvet (that I got on eBay for $12). She loved it, and it was actually perfect for both fall and winter, although we recently transitioned her to a big girl bed w/ a PBK quilt (which is super toasty, btw). I had to fold the IKEA comforter insert over one square to get it to fit, but it sure beat the $39+ tax and shipping PBK wanted.
    Muffin, 2010
    Bubba, 2013

"You've probably heard the expression 'I believe in God, just not organized religion.' I don't think people would say that if the church truly lived like we are called to live. The expression would change to 'I can't deny what the church does, but I don't believe in their God.' At least then they'd address their rejection of God rather than use the church as a scapegoat." Francis Chan

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I just got my daughter a big PBK throw. It is super soft and thick with two layers, one that's sort of velvety soft and the other that is more shaggy. It wasn't inexpensive, but it's so soft and comfy and can be used as a throw when she moves into a bigger bed.
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

I bought a crib sized wool filled duvet from a local futon shop (this futon shop makes custom bedding and so makes their own cotton or wool fille duvets). It was surprisingly affordable and is so much nicer than the poly filled toddler comforter we first picked up at Target. I sewed a duvet cover for it with some thomas the train cotton and blue minky from Joann's that DS picked out. Just another option if you have a futon shop nearby.