inmypjs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default $80 Lego Stars Wars set for $30

So this week's Target ad his Anakin and Sebulba's Podracer set pictured for $30. Online it is much higher:

http://www.target.com/p/lego-star-wa...2/-/A-13391172

My local Targets don't carry this set, but you should be able to price match it at Walmart or TRU. My Walmart said they'd do it, but they were also out. I am off to check TRU.

Hope it helps some moms of Star Wars lovers! It's a great price for a set of this size.

p.s. I called Target to see if they'd let me order it at that price, and was told they can't match the ad prices? Really? It's their own ad...

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I was unable to find this item at TRU, Target or Walmart. The Target rep stated that it had previously been a clearance item so they were all sold out. (???)

On Slickdeals, others stated that Target would not honor the price even if it happened to be in stock. This is a huge YMMV.

Default TRU will NOT pricematch

I was at TRU yesterday and overheard their manager telling a customer that they would not match that price b/c Target said it was a typo. Okay, so that doesn't surprise me about TRU, but I cannot believe that Target would not honor their own. After overhearing about the pricing mistake, I drove to two targets and could not find the set. I think the employees pulled them off the shelf.

inmypjs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Wow, didn't realize it was a typo/mistake. Our TRU had 10+ on the shelves and price matched for me with no problem.

Unhappy No luck for me.

Quote Originally Posted by inmypjs View Post
    Wow, didn't realize it was a typo/mistake. Our TRU had 10+ on the shelves and price matched for me with no problem.

You are one lucky dude! I had no luck; worse wasted my time to deal w/ Target store I stopped by. I was able to have the CS to pull one from the back but they would not honor the price printed clearly on the ad! The gal insisted it meant for another smaller set. I pointed the print on the ad; she still insisted it was not the set for sale! Arg...... She wasted my 20'; made me waited there so that she could go to the back & pull out another Lego set started w/ Anakin, too but the set # is different! How can you make some one like that understand it was a price error & the description & the picture on the ad were obvious! She refused to accept the ad-- their own Target ad. What kind of customer service is that? She should just told me up front that she would not honor their own price error instead of holding me there by the CS counter for 15-20' to introduced me another set w/ diff title & picture & told me it is the one for $30! If I knew what her intention, I would just thanked her & walk out instead of standing around to wait for her to dig something else.

I took some time to stop by TRUs & Walmart nearby. No luck. Not on the shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by kayla8 View Post
    You are one lucky dude! I had no luck; worse wasted my time to deal w/ Target store I stopped by. I was able to have the CS to pull one from the back but they would not honor the price printed clearly on the ad! The gal insisted it meant for another smaller set. I pointed the print on the ad; she still insisted it was not the set for sale! Arg...... She wasted my 20'; made me waited there so that she could go to the back & pull out another Lego set started w/ Anakin, too but the set # is different! How can you make some one like that understand it was a price error & the description & the picture on the ad were obvious! She refused to accept the ad-- their own Target ad. What kind of customer service is that? She should just told me up front that she would not honor their own price error instead of holding me there by the CS counter for 15-20' to introduced me another set w/ diff title & picture & told me it is the one for $30! If I knew what her intention, I would just thanked her & walk out instead of standing around to wait for her to dig something else.

I took some time to stop by TRUs & Walmart nearby. No luck. Not on the shelves.
    Call and complain to customer service. My friend did that when target wasted her time refusing not to price match the Lego line set with Walmart. They called her the next day and gave her the price, plus $20 off her shopping plus a bunch or $2-3 off coupons.
    SAHM to DS 4/07 and DD 5/10

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mum-to-be View Post
    Call and complain to customer service. My friend did that when target wasted her time refusing not to price match the Lego line set with Walmart. They called her the next day and gave her the price, plus $20 off her shopping plus a bunch or $2-3 off coupons.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that just to let they know it is not properly handled on their price error at that store. I miss shopping in SoCal. There are so many stores within reasonable distance to shop. Here the nearest one is almost 20' & it is the one. I'm stuck w/ them. <(

Quote Originally Posted by kayla8 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that just to let they know it is not properly handled on their price error at that store. I miss shopping in SoCal. There are so many stores within reasonable distance to shop. Here the nearest one is almost 20' & it is the one. I'm stuck w/ them. <(
    That's how it is for me too. Very annoying.
    SAHM to DS 4/07 and DD 5/10