Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default gee thanks for insulting my parenting skills DH

it was dinner time and dh was heating up some frozen turkey meatballs for the kids. i was doing a load of laundry and trying to get stuff to pack for our trip tomorrow. then DH tells me that someone from work tried to call him, and he that he has to go into his office for a bit. Right after that i hear the microwave beep, and the kids are in the learning tower, pointing to the microwave and begging for their meatballs. so i take the plate out, cut them up (they are steaming hot, i burn myself a little while cutting them), let them cool down and give each one a few pieces. I go back and start doing more laundry while the kids gobble up the meatballs the Learning Tower.

then a minute or so later DH walks in and is like "Did you give the kids these meatballs!!?? "And basically reams me out in front of the kids, about how i "might have poisoned them." How they weren't done, they were only 120 degrees and not 160 as the package says.

Are you freaking.kidding.me. The effing meatball was hot to the touch, our kids are not going to die because of a g*damn pre-cooked turkey meatball. I don't take the temperature of every single thing i feed the kids.

Anyway, way to make a mama feel great, DH. Even after 3 years of SAHMing i apparently don't know how to feed my kids properly. Yet i'm the one you blow up at. Of course no one in your family is ever reamed out...not your dad who has given DS soda (coke) and lollipop well before he was 2 years old, and when I mentioned re: the lollipop "Isn't it a choking hazard?" he asked his Mom and she was like "oh it should be okay." and that was the end of that. Yes, DH. Apparently your wife makes all the mistakes.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Sorry That kind of thing happens here too and it drives me insane. Like I will let the kids wear scarves for play. DH will freak out and say something to the effect of "they could strangle themselves - what a dumb idea to let them play with scarves". Sigh.

dcmom2b3 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

So he would have used a meat thermometer on each meatball? He has superhero powers that let him tell the internal temp of meatballs that he didn't see or remove from the micro? Really? Gimme a break.

If you're doing a Thanksgiving turkey, I'd put him in charge of testing for done-ness given his superior skills. Especially when his team is down by 3 points in the fourth quarter, third down and goal to go.
    M-H

"Mombee" to my Bunny

How in the world does he know how hot they were? And pre-cooked? What's the difference if they're 120 or 160? I'd be angry too.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'd also like to know how he knew they were 120 degrees?

Either way, he was out of line. I hate it when husbands take out their frustrations on their wives (I'm still waiting for an apology from DH for reaming me about a DVD issue... and it turned out he was wrong)
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

Quote Originally Posted by dcmom2b3 View Post
    If you're doing a Thanksgiving turkey, I'd put him in charge of testing for done-ness given his superior skills. Especially when his team is down by 3 points in the fourth quarter, third down and goal to go.
    MH--you are the best!!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Who in their right mind takes the temperature of precooked meatballs???? Wouldn't even occur to me!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I agree that freaking out of the temp of something precooked like that, that was also steaming hot out of the microwave is ridiculous!
    DD
    DS

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dcmom2b3 View Post

I love this. I agree..if DH complains about how you do something, then he has to do it from now on.
    Last edited by niccig; 11-21-2012 at 04:13 AM.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    I love this. I agree..if DH complains about how you do something, then he has to do it from now on.

geesh
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast