AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Question Are LLBean's flannel pj pants really worth it?

or should I just look for some other brands that are cheaper? With the 10% off coupon they would be $31.46, which seems kind of high, but for LLB quality maybe they will be worth it. DH needs to flannel PJ pants, and I am tempted to order from LL Bean since I will be ordering other Xmas stuff (for my dad, and nephew) from there as well and I can just have it shipped with everything else I am ordering from there to my parents. We are traveling so I am limit the amount of stuff we have to take with us.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

azazela is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My hubby has two sets of LLBean flannel pjs and they feel soooo much nicer than any other flannel. Love them!
    Anna, mommy to DD 11/06 and DS 3/10

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Pretty good price for men's Jammie's.
    They will last for years. Definitely worth it.

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Good quality flannel is sooooo worth it, it just gets more comfortable with time!! Cheap flannel falls apart, pills, or gets scratchy. Plus you know if the LL Bean ones fall apart, they will replace it!
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I find the stuff that costs 1/4 as much very comfortable, and lasts a few seasons. I would not pay that much personally.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    I find the stuff that costs 1/4 as much very comfortable, and lasts a few seasons. I would not pay that much personally.
    This is really interesting and something I struggle with. In less lean times, I have purchased llb fleece kid pajamas that have lasted for 6 winter seasons in excellent shape. I have also purchased my share of Costco Carter's fleece pajamas, which are fine. In my experience, they last two seasons tops before they rip at the seams. What's crazy from a money perspective, the Carter's kind still are cheaper, but not from an environmental perspective. The difference, I think, is that kids outgrow things, so you don't get your money's worth.

However, for a man who is not going to change sizes, those will last ten years or more. I would go with LLB.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Have you looked at the LE ones? There is a 30% off everything code and they are $39 (before the code). It is all DH has and they wear very well.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)