Default Fashion advice for an Atlanta wedding

We will be in Atlanta for a wedding this weekend, and I need some fashion and tourist advice. First, I am wearing a blue/green/black wrap dress with 3/4 sleeves and open-toed black shoes, and I really don't get what I am supposed to wear on my legs. Nothing? Black hose? Opaque tights? My legs look really pale without anything on them.

Second, is there any fun thing to recommend our family (with three kid aged 10 tp 4) do on Friday, where we have the whole day free? We are staying in Douglasville and will have a car. I've never been to Atlanta, but have always wanted to visit the Coke Museum. An acquataince recommended a park.. maybe Stone Mountain... as being fun and pretty, maybe with a chairlift?

Any family-friendly eateries around Douglasville worth making an effort to visit?
    Last edited by american_mama; 11-22-2012 at 11:30 PM.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

MaiseyDog is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The aquarium is right next to the come museum and my girls loved it. You can buy a ticket that will get you into both http://www.citypass.com/atlanta. The coke museum was a bust for us except for the tasting room that had coke products from all over the world. We also liked the zoo but we don't have a good zoo so not sure how it compares to other zoos.
    Margaret

DD1- 2/14/05
    DD2- 9/24/07

Agree that the aquarium is a fantastic way to spend the day. Coke Museum is basically one giant coke ad but if you've always wanted to go, it would be fun to stop by since it's next door to the Aquarium. Centennial Olympic Park is in that area, too.

The weather should be gorgeous on Friday, so the Atlanta Botanical Gardens is a nice outdoor option.

Sorry, don't have any Douglasville food advice or fashion advice

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Another vote for the aquarium. May be a bit crowded with the holiday, but they stagger admittance times, so shouldn't be horrible. Probably take about half a day, at least. World of Coke it right next door. Basically they have a short little 4D movie, then lots of displays of Coke advertising and memorabilia, and then the tasting room where you can sample Coke products from around the world. The last part is definitely the highlight, especially for kids. The other stuff is interesting for adults, but probably boring for the kids. It's pretty much self guided, so you don't have to hang out too long if you dont want to. I would say do the combo ticket and check out Centinnial Olympic park if you have some extra time. It is supposed to be a beautiful day. These three things are all located right together and shuld be pretty easy to get to from Douglasville.

On the fashion question, I don't personally like peep toe shoes with hosiery of any kind, but if you are more comfortable with hose or tights, I don't think people will pay much mind. You will probably see it every which way this time of year.

Be safe and hope you enjoy your visit!
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

bumping for help with the fashion. Thanks for the tourist recs!
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

Karinyc is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

If you're not comfortable with bare legs, then very sheer hose. I personally wouldn't do (opaque) tights or black hose with your choice of footwear. If boots, yes. But not with open-toe pumps (although I've seen it done many times- I live in NYC & people have their own sense of style). I usually wear hose at weddings. DKNY, Hanes, & Calvin Klein have "ultra sheer". I like control top for a smoother look under wrap dresses.