Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Riding boots for short & narrow calves?

I need help finding some cute riding boots. I currently have Frye Paige (which I love the style of), but they are sooooo difficult to get on. I'd like to find another pair that I can actually get on and will fit my skimpy legs. Any recommendations?

Oh, and I am looking for a brown or tan color.
    Last edited by star04; 11-26-2012 at 02:49 PM.

jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Subscribing because I'm looking for the same thing. I have 12 1/2-inch calves and every boot I've tried on looks like rain boots. But I have some cute tunics and leggings now and nothing to wear on my feet! Hope someone has some suggestions.
    Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

I find some Miz Mooz styles running narrow (I have 2 pairs of flat boots by them and they fit my 12.5" calves without gaping). Not easy to find boots with narrow shaft. Usually the expensive brands are cut more narrow but I cannot afford those...
    The boots I have are models Kent and Keller by Miz Mooz. Also Ariat York is a typical riding boot and is narrow! I can only wear mine with leggings or tights..
    My sweet and curly haired DD 4
    ...and expecting someone new mid April 2014

I find some Miz Mooz styles running narrow. I have two pairs by them, King and Keller (not really a riding boot, more military style). They fit my 12.5" calves nicely without much gaping. Maybe a style with buckles?
    A typical riding boot that is narrow is Ariat York. Beautiful but I got mine a tad too small and don't wear them often . Those I can only wear with leggings or tights!
    My sweet and curly haired DD 4
    ...and expecting someone new mid April 2014

jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm looking at these mid-calf Miz Mooz
    These look good, too, if they have your size and the reviewer says they fit narrow.
    Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

joules is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jennilynn View Post
    I'm looking at these mid-calf Miz Mooz
    I just saw these listed as an Amazon Lightning deal today. Starts at 2:59 PST. So like in almost 2 hours. But they are an ankle boot, not mid-calf.
    DS1 - 03/10
    DS2 - 02/12

ilfaith is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If you wear a smaller shoe size (7 or below) you might be able to get away with buying boots in a girl's size (youth sizes typically run about two sizes smaller than women's).

Youth sizes will run shorter, and most likely narrower in the shaft/calf.

I have found that my older boots seem to fit much more snugly in the calf than the ones I have tried on recently, which I could easily tuck a pair of wide boot cut jeans into and still have room.

Quote Originally Posted by ilfaith View Post
    If you wear a smaller shoe size (7 or below) you might be able to get away with buying boots in a girl's size (youth sizes typically run about two sizes smaller than women's).

Youth sizes will run shorter, and most likely narrower in the shaft/calf.

I have found that my older boots seem to fit much more snugly in the calf than the ones I have tried on recently, which I could easily tuck a pair of wide boot cut jeans into and still have room.
    Hmm, I never thought of that! I am a size 6.5/7.

Are the Ariat York's pretty IRL? I have been looking at Frye's but I was wondering if Ariat was more comfortable?
    Al

DS 10/25/03
    DD 1/23/07

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by star04 View Post
    I need help finding some cute riding boots. I currently have Frye Paige (which I love the style of), but they are sooooo difficult to get on. I'd like to find another pair that I can actually get on and will fit my skimpy legs. Any recommendations?

Oh, and I am looking for a brown or tan color.
    why are the frye paige hard to get on? i think i have the same question you do...looking for riding boots that fit skinny calves, but i also have the frye paige and they seem really wide at my calves, especially if I'm wearing tights.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast