Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default nursing bra recommendations

We are expecting DC2 in a few weeks. All my old nursing bras are in need of replacement. Are there any out there that you can recommend? How are the bravados? Any others I should check out?

My absolute favorite are bravado body silk seamless nursing bras.
    DD1 Jan '10
    DD2 Jan '12

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I liked Japanese Weekend for comfort ahd ease of use. I switched to Glamormom nursing tanks after the first 8 weeks post partum - after the initial engorgement subsided.

for Sandy Hook

lovebebes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I loved Anita maternity bras, used them for years. My favorite is the most plain, nude colored one, without any frilly anything. They were so comfy and I never felt like i even had a bra on (in a good way!).
    I wanted to try Bravado but never got around to it.
    DD S 2002
    DD L born sleeping 04.2006
    DD L 2007
    Finally our littlest rainbow is here!
    DD C 2010

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I've had nursing bras from Bravado, Medela, and Anita, and the Anita ones were totally my favourite.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

azazela is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The second time around I lived in my Bravado tanks from my son's birth pretty much until I weaned him at 18 months. I like the way Bravado tanks open better than the way Glamourmom tanks open. They kept my belly in too without being too tight and made nursing in public super easy when paired with any t-shirt/shirt.

By the way if you're looking to buy, it looks like Mom4Life is still having their cyber sale and has Bravado tanks and bras, as well as Glamourmom tanks. They are 50% off + free shipping!
    Anna, mommy to DD 11/06 and DS 3/10

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love the Bravado nursing tanks. I've worn one almost everyday since DS3 was born over 2 years ago! For the first few weeks and for sleeping I wore the side sling target nursing tanks that are less supportive but very comfortable.
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I liked my Bravado nursing bra, it is more like a sports bra. I also had one from Medela that was okay. My favorite nursing bra with underwire support was from Liz Lange Target, now it is sold as Gilligan & O'Malley. I wore these three bras with both girls.

With DD2 I wore Wacoal bralettes and really liked them. I am a small 36B so I usually didn't need much support while at home so these were perfect for me.

I was not a fan of nursing tanks at all, but that is mainly because I detest shelf bras in tank tops to begin with so I have no suggestions there.

I would though recommend that you not buy anything new until you have had your baby or are very close to delivering. If I had bought when I was a 34D and pregnant with DD1 none of the bras I would have bought had I bought a 34D most likely would not have fit because my ribs because by the time I had DD1 I was a 38 bust.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by waitingforgrace View Post
    My absolute favorite are bravado body silk seamless nursing bras.
    DS 7/09
    DD 1/11
    DS 12/12
    DS 11/14

azazela is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post

I was not a fan of nursing tanks at all, but that is mainly because I detest shelf bras in tank tops to begin with so I have no suggestions there.
    I just want to add that I wouldn't call the Bravado tanks a shelf bra. They have more support than that and the girls are separated, IYKWIM.

Annie, you are still free detest them, of course.
    Anna, mommy to DD 11/06 and DS 3/10

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast