Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Talking talk to me about your Uggs/Fuggs

I have decided that I finally want to get a pair of Ugg boots, but I would like to see the styles that everyone has. I want to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly about your style.

I have had Ugg slippers for the past 8 or so yrs. and love them, but after spending all day Sunday wearing my slippers while decorating our house for Christmas (they don't have a rugged sole) that maybe my feet really do like to be warm and like feeling the sheerling inside. So I decided that is what I will ask DH to get me for Christmas this year.

Bonus points if you got your Uggs/Emus/Bear Paws, etc. from a website that has free returns. DH is pretty anti going to the mall so I am going to have to provide him with links and since I have a large wide foot (9/1/2 or 10 depending on the brand, my slippers are a 10), as well as large calves I might need to return/exchange them so this part needs to be easy.

TIA
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I use the costco ones as slippers around the house. I have small feet so the women's sizes don't fit me; I wear the kids. The shaft is shorter as a result, but that doesn't bother me since I wear them pretty much exclusively at home. I wore my last pair for two years (but with near daily wear from fall til mid spring) and then they got a small tear at the toe (can't really see it, kind of a very fine slit through the material). On the coldest days for outdoor sports for DS1, etc. I wear my old ones with jeans tucked in. Not my fav since mine have the shorter shaft, but when it is that cold, I don't care! I think mine were $30? I know at the time I was looking at Ugg slippers and the costco fake uggs were considerably less money. I like that they are still real shearling vs. the knockoff fuggs at Target, etc. that are not much different in price but have faux shearling.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

queenmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have the Cargo II and Knightsbridge styles. I didn't like the classics... I actually hated Uggs until I tried on a pair. They are THE comfiest (it's a word!) things I've ever worn on my feet, so I can get over the fugliness. I only buy from Zappos. Not only do they have free shipping & returns, but every time I buy from them I receive my order in 2 days.

Do read the reviews, as not all styles fit the same. (ETA: I, too, wear 9.5 or 10 and have large calves. I wear 9 in the Cargo IIs and 10 in Knightsbridge) And take into account shaft height and circumference to determine whether they'll suit your body type.

BTW, I always wear mine without socks. I kind of don't see the point otherwise. Plus my feet would die of suffocation.

Lara
    Mama to Henry (6/2000) and Agnes (4/2012)
    old school member of the BBB

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have the Costco Shearling boots & live in them in the winter. I wear an 11 and the 10 fits me just fine. In 2009 I bought the short Ultra's in black (don't get black if you want to wear them without socks - they dye your feet). I still have them & wear them but I did replace the insole with an Ugg insole. Last year I bought the Talls in chesnut & love them as well. I have very wide calves but I can still wear them under pants legs. The sole has worn down quite a bit. I was in Costco a few weeks ago & they were clearing out the Tall fold-overs, so I bought a pair. I bought a 10 again, even though they have 11's. They do stretch out a bit.
    DS 2/09

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I got Emus on amazon last year when they had a huge sale on them - paid like $38 for boots three times as pricey. I love them. If I was buying uggs, I'd get the Bailey button kind - I love those.

for Sandy Hook

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Thanks for the recs.

The Ugg Knightsbridge, and Cargo II aren't really my style, but thanks for the suggestion.

Brittone, you are lucky having small feet. I haven't worn kids size shoes since I was 8 (my first communion shoes were my last pair of size 3 shoes).

I tried the tall fold over Costco uggs on a few weeks ago and I didn't care for the fit. I think I would have preferred the shorter ones, but my warehouse didn't have them, just the tall ones.

Citymama, which Emu's do you have? I notice the price of them is about equal to Uggs. I love the Bailey Button style as well.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I have had a pair or red classic shorts for 7 yrs...before they were over done and "popular". They need a new footbed, they are pretty confirmed to my feet.

I finally got a new pair of classic shorts in Orange for my bday last yr. love them too.

The only downside with the classic line is that the treads are kinda slick in the rain and are made of a spongy material and will absorb water, so even if they r coated with the Ugg repellant on the suede...water seems to wick in from the bottom if u walk in the rain too long.

So I got these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0046NILE4

I found them in the nubuck color and and I scored a deal $129!. Eta I didn't get them in amazon.

The footbed is rubber and I think will do better for walking my dog if it does rain. I can fold them down bc they are tall. I get hot fast and never really wanted talks for that reason.

All that said...I like the Ugg adirondack for walking/weatherproof!!! Maybe Santa will bring them, bc I don't "need" to spend any more $$ right now!

I think you will get tons of use out of whichever style u pick. We r in so cal so these cold mornings and evenings they come in handy!!!
    Last edited by Nooknookmom; 11-28-2012 at 12:48 PM.
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

JenaW is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I got EMUs on the Amazon sale last year too (or was it two years ago?), and I second the comment about reading the reviews because the sizing can vary tremendously. I originally bought 3 pair (all around $30-50) - I think I got the Bronte and Stinger, one in lo and high. I bought an 8.5, 9, and 9.5 based upon what was available at the time (it was one of those lightening deals) and even though I typically wear a 9.5 or 10, I ended up with the 8.5's. They had the thinner lining and fit the best, even though I would have preferred the thicker lining. The 9.5's had the thicker lining, but even at the largest size I bought were too tight. I ended up selling the other two pairs on ebay. If you can't try the size and style you want on in a store, then def try some from Zappos. You can always buy to keep from somewhere else offering a better deal if that is important to you. My cousin tried mine on and ended up ordering from 6pm.com last year when they had an emu sale. She paid around $50 I think. At 36 I often feel like I am too old and "trying too hard" when I wear mine, since around here, all the high school kids wear them. But I decided that they are so warm and cozy that I don't care! Mine do not have the best traction though. So I really can only wear them on a cold day that is not actively wet or snowy. But in my upstate NY climate, we typically have snowcover and cold days all winter regardless of whether it actually snows that day or not, so they got a fair amt of use. I know some of the other styles have better traction if that is important to you.

lyt202 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Gilt has Emu on sale today and you can use Gilt50 for another 50% off through midnight. Works out to just over $60 a pair with shipping.

Ceepa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have the Bailey Button short. I like that they're can be worn opened at the top like this model has them http://comfyfluffy.com/?p=5.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast