Default Motorola Video Monitor MBP-36

The Motorola Video Monitor MBP-36 with two cameras is on sale (slightly) at Toys R Us. It is $269.99 (reg. $299.99). This is the one that comes with two cameras that can tilt and pan. Usually coupons say Motorola brand is excluded.

I always thought a video monitor was overkill in my small cape cod style house. However, baby #3 is on the way and my two older boys will be upstairs by themselves (our room and the nursery is on the first floor). My oldest will only be 3.5 and my second son will only be 16 months when the baby arrives. Not sure if I really "need" this...as I never had one with my first two boys. However, with the older boys being upstairs without us, it may provide me peace of mind....but it is SO expensive! Is it stupid to invest in something like this when I am having my last baby? Has anyone tried to use the 20% off coupons (even though they say Motorola is excluded). Is this a good price? I know there are cheaper models out there, but I like that this can pan and tilt, so I can tell my older child to get back in his bed if he is out. Really I want this for the older kids. What do you think? Any advice? Then if I want another camera for the baby it is another $100!!

I got the one w to cameras on eBay. My bil had success using a buy buy baby coupon at TRU when buying theirs. I have one camera in the basement playroom (love that I can move the camera so I can see them playing down there. Other camera is currently in my room where the baby sleeps but I actually may buy one for my boys room. I only had an audio monitor that we barely used for my first three kids. We have a two story house now and it's nice to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your help. Never thought of using it in the playroom.

Anyone else?

Just realized I spelled two Wrong in my last post. I like being able to call to them or use intercom feature.