♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default good long sleeve tops for cold weather running?

so it doesn't get THAT cold here but the other morning i went jogging and it was 38 degrees and my arms felt freezing!!! i have a very lightweight jacket for running but i think i need a good pull over or something instead.

any recommendations? it doesn't have to be super-cozy...it rarely goes below 20 here.

am lusting after this. i like how it extends to the hands..my hands tend to get super cold. but the price..eek.
    http://shop.lululemon.com/products/c...4710&catId=run

icunurse is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Just bought this with 25% off as my Christmas gift from DH.
    http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...57497.13355138

The sleeves go down to my middle finger knuckles and there are thumb holes. I have a short torso, so the shirt actually covers part of my butt, but it has been in the 20's for my runs lately and it is only going to get colder, so I don't mind the extra rear coverage . I have a couple cheap Danskin shirts from Walmart that wick the sweat, but I don't find them warm at all. I also have a Champion running jacket, which was less than $30 and is pretty warm.
    http://www.championusa.com/workout-c...men/-cw7729--1
    Last edited by icunurse; 11-29-2012 at 12:32 AM.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It's not a pullover but I got this at the 20% off athleta sale. It has the thumbholes:

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/produc...&pid=905908002

Can't exactly vouch for it yet since I haven't gotten it yet though But the thumbhole thing jumped out at me because that's why I bought the hoodie - my hands are ALWAYS cold.

daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I just grabbed something at target yesterday - don't have the link but it is a wicking product that goes over the knuckles and was really cute. I wear that over a wicking t-shirt and then something fleecier on top. The fleecy layer comes off after 1 mile or so and I tie it around my waist.

For 38 degrees that lululemon top will be perfect.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

ok i splurged and got the Lululemon top. it is really nice but REALLY warm. this morning i went for a run around 9am and it was around 50 degrees, mostly sunny with a gusty wind...10 minutes in i thought i was gonna die, it was so hot!! it was also getting sunny too. i had to slow down to a walk and stretch for a bit to cool down. the downside is that there are no vents in the armpit area.

i will keep the lulu top though for when i go out and it's 40 degrees or colder...it seems like it will be perfect for that. or when it's 50s but i'm just outside not running. though with this psycho weather lately, who knows if it will get that cold that often.

i think i will have to get another lightweight l/s top for running 40s-50s weather. and i think i will need mesh vents. my armpits and low back get so sweaty when i run. maybe Athleta? that sweatshirt hoodie looks nice but would be way too warm for running.

can you tell i am not a fan of the weather here? lol. i once trained for a marathon in Boston, Nov-April so i am game for running in 8 degree weather. i get so disappointed when i check the weather and it's already climbing to the 50s. It's almost December! bleh.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 11-29-2012 at 02:06 PM.

I wear lululemon swiftly long sleeves in 40s weather and the short sleeves in 50s weather. I dress as if it were 20 degrees warmer.

I do rulu for low 40s-mid 30s

I'm a little crazy tho!

cchavez is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Anybody have the Nike hyperwarm half zip? Is it really warm? Any other alternatives to this? Thanks.