Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Any opinions on the Emeril by All-Clad pans? Those are all on sale. Would you think it's as good as straight-up All-Clad?
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy_Mea View Post
    For those of you that have this - would it be difficult to make pancakes and french toast in the pan? ie, is it tough to fit 4 large slices of bread in the pan?
    I can fit three I make pancakes in a nonstick griddle.

Quote Originally Posted by tarnator View Post
    I was hovering over the 'buy' button on this product....but now I have been distracted by the amazing price on those Walmart Tramontina pans. They look identical to the AllClad! Since I need to get rid of all my non-stick should I buy a set of Tramontinas instead?
    I ordered the $114 Tramontina set on walmart, the ratings couldn't be beat. I have not received them yet, but I ordered the All-Clad saute pan to supplement them.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post
    Any opinions on the Emeril by All-Clad pans? Those are all on sale. Would you think it's as good as straight-up All-Clad?
    I actually have a 4quart pot from this line and its performed just as nice as the Tramontina set i have. When I purchased the TRamontina set a few months back, I looked at this Emeril line, All Clad and the Tramontina. Just make sure that if you get the Emeril line that its the line that does NOT have a copper base because those aren't ALL-clad. All 3 lines get great reviews.
    Mom to DD 7/06, DS1 8/08 & DS2 9/11!

Quote Originally Posted by sewarsh View Post
    I actually have a 4quart pot from this line and its performed just as nice as the Tramontina set i have. When I purchased the TRamontina set a few months back, I looked at this Emeril line, All Clad and the Tramontina. Just make sure that if you get the Emeril line that its the line that does NOT have a copper base because those aren't ALL-clad. All 3 lines get great reviews.
    OK, I don't think they have the copper base, right? It doesn't say it in the description (below), and if it did I don't think it would work on induction cooktops. (BTW, I am looking at this 12 piece set for my Bro/SIL from Macy's, it's on sale for $199, plus FS, add'l 15% off and three bonuses: Nonstick grill pan (free), 9" loaf pan and baking sheet (rebate). Seems like a good buy for all that for $170.)

Crafted from 18/10 stainless steel with impact-bonded aluminum bases, each essential heats up fast and evenly for perfect results time and time again. Lifetime warranty.
    Set includes: 8" fry pan, 10" covered fry pan, 1.5-qt. saucepan with pour spouts and straining lid, 3-qt. covered casserole, 3-qt. steamer insert, 3-qt. covered sauté pan and 6-qt. covered stockpot
    Stainless handles
    Measurement marking in saucepans and stockpots
    Brushed stainless steel band surrounds each piece
    Induction cooktop safe
    Glass lids oven safe to 450ºF
    Dishwasher safe

OK, I don't think they have the copper base, right? It doesn't say it in the description (below), and if it did I don't think it would work on induction cooktops. (BTW, I am looking at this 12 piece set for my Bro/SIL from Macy's, it's on sale for $199, plus FS, add'l 15% off and three bonuses: Nonstick grill pan (free), 9" loaf pan and baking sheet (rebate). Seems like a good buy for all that for $170.)
    I don't know what the exclusions are but maybe you can use one of the F&F 25% off codes. There is one posted up thread that worked for me and there is a red banner at the top of the website with another, I think it is FRIENDS. That would bring the set down to $150.
    Ebates is 6%

Crafted from 18/10 stainless steel with impact-bonded aluminum bases, each essential heats up fast and evenly for perfect results time and time again. Lifetime warranty.
    Set includes: 8" fry pan, 10" covered fry pan, 1.5-qt. saucepan with pour spouts and straining lid, 3-qt. covered casserole, 3-qt. steamer insert, 3-qt. covered sauté pan and 6-qt. covered stockpot
    Stainless handles
    Measurement marking in saucepans and stockpots
    Brushed stainless steel band surrounds each piece
    Induction cooktop safe
    Glass lids oven safe to 450ºF
    Dishwasher safe
    Since you and I have so much history at the BBB, I did a little research for you.

This set does NOT have the copper bases which is good because the reviews are awful on that set. Unfortunately though these are not TRIPLY. They are made by AllClad however they only have an encapsulated base, meaning the 3 layers of steel/aluminmum/steel are only on the base, NOT the sides. What this means is that when they cook something they will most likely get food stuck to the sides because the bottom will heat up much faster than the sides. I don't know the science or much else about it, I can only tell you what I discovered by reading reviews and reseaching a few months back. And I personally had a Cuisinart stainless steel pot that was only encapsulated on the base and I ended up donating it.

If you are interested, this is the TRIPLY version of the Emeril set (unfortunately, not sold at Macys):

http://www.amazon.com/E914SC64-PRO-C...240000&sr=1-22

As you can see excellent reviews, but more $$$.

Personally, I'm going to try to persuade you to buy a Tramontina Gourmet set at Walmart.

8-piece $115: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tramontina...re-Set/5716478

or

10-piece $220: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tramontina...e-Set/11072505

I got the 10piece set and love it and especialy LOVE the gigantic stock pot.

If you get the Macys set I'm sure they'll like it - it does get great reviews, I'm just giving you some additional info that you most likely weren't aware so that you can make the most informed decision.

whew!
    Mom to DD 7/06, DS1 8/08 & DS2 9/11!

Quote Originally Posted by sewarsh View Post
    Since you and I have so much history at the BBB, I did a little research for you. .... whew!
    Dude, you went over and above! WOW - thanks!

I thought the other one looked nice and shiny, LOL. (So much for my research methods, I'm such a good sister. ) I will definitely check out the Walmart set!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3