pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default If Cate and Joan are too much boot for you...

Try the Sorel Tivoli rain boot! I tried Cate the Great and Joan of Arctic a few times this year and last, but couldn't get over how massive my calves and feet looked and felt in them. Then I saw the super cute Tivoli boot at TJMaxx with the polka dot laces, and it was a match made in heaven. I've worn them for the past two days and they are very comfy (I also have my custom orthotics on them). I think for the big duck boot style, I needed a shorter, less furry boot.

Forgot the link: http://www.6pm.com/sorel-tivoli-rain?zfcTest=mat%3A1

Do you know anything about the sizing? I normally wear a 9 or 9.5. Do these run big or small? When I've tried Columbia boots that looked similar to these, they just rubbed the backs of my heels and I couldn't bend my foot in them very well -- so uncomfortable. I hear a lot about Sorel Tivolis -- are they really that comfy and awesome?
    DS 7/09
    DD 1/11
    DS 12/12
    DS 11/14

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm usually a 10.5 or 11, and the 11 was just right with room for orthotics. Cates and Joans in an 11 were huge on me. I have such fussy feet that hurt in almost any shoe, but I ran errands all day yesterday and today without any pain. They're a winner for me!