Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Both my girls had a 7pm bedtime from about 3 months until age 2 (DD1 has gradually pushed hers back until 8). I strongly believe that sleep begets sleep. But my kids also have to get up at 6:15 each morning for me to bring them to daycare so they need to be in bed early. Plus I need the down time between their bedtime and mine.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    Both my girls had a 7pm bedtime from about 3 months until age 2 (DD1 has gradually pushed hers back until 8). I strongly believe that sleep begets sleep. But my kids also have to get up at 6:15 each morning for me to bring them to daycare so they need to be in bed early. Plus I need the down time between their bedtime and mine.
    this.

this and/plus, we've been mirroring DS' bedtime, which is 7ish. actually a bit earlier these days due to his horrific night wakings, but that's another story

anyway, a 9/10/11 pm bedtime is just never going to fly here b/c mama needs her little bit 'o time.

i guess i'm just anxious b/c we were moving more and more toward a clearer acceptance of bedtime, even if naps were all over the place, she was at least sort of landing in the same place for bed each night and that same place was gradually working toward 7 just like her brother

but now the last three days have been funky and it makes me a bit panicky

oh well. i guess we'll see what the night brings. she's been up sort of fussing on and off, but i've not rushed into her room and she's gone back off each time within 3ish minutes. maybe something is bothering her...

thanks for the feedback
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD goes to bed around 8 pm. It was 8-8:30, but the last few days she's gone down at 7:30 since she was very tired (her naps were kind of wonky for a few days). I'm trying to keep her bedtime at 7:30, because it works best for me. DS is asleep by 8 (but when I'm too tired I'll fudge the real time and send him to bed at 7:30, unfortunately he's learning to tell time ). I want the to have roughly the same bedtime, and I like it to be early. I always joke that mom clocks out at 8 pm I NEED some down time before my bedtime and I'm not a night owl at all.

Her naps are not consistent yet (DS started falling into a predictable schedule at around 5 months), but she usually takes a short nap around 5 or 6 pm, if she wakes up close to bed time, I also keep lights dim, nurse her, etc, and after a while she will go back to sleep. Today she skipped that nap and it was actually harder to get her to go to sleep.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DS was doing a 7ish bedtime, but we are screwy again (he may e working toward dropping his 3rd nap). 4 months was where sleep got worse though.
    shannon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another Queen of the House of Boys:
    DS#1 2003
    DS#2 my mother's day gift 2012
    DH
    Mikey, the cat and rhinestone-collared, pink-leashed Schatze, our Rottweiler girl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2