Default Help, please? Thin long sleeved layering tees?

Can anyone suggest some thin stretchy long sleeved shirts good for layering? Something to be worn under short sleeved dresses or shirts? I saw some cute ones in the Tea catalog but $26 is a bit pricey. A friend suggested Andrew Lew but I'd prefer something I can get in-store just in case I need to return it.

TIA!!

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Have you tried Cuddl Duds?

In the past, I've had luck ordering online from JCrew Factory. Their boys long sleeve jersey tees are soft and thin. They are $14.50 right now and promo code XOFACTORY gives you an additional 30% off.

http://factory.jcrew.com/boys-clothi...3389/23389.jsp

(hope that link is clicky, I am new here!)

I also hunt for plain white tees for layering clothes for my 3-yr old twins. I don't understand why these can be so hard to find! You can sometimes find them at Old Navy or OshKosh pretty inexpensively but I have had the best luck with the City Tee by Crewcuts (JCrew). The quality is great and is exactly what I was looking for. At 18.50 they are also pretty pricey but I was able to order them at the end of season last year with a coupon. Unfortunately it looks like white isn't available right now. Other options at a similar price point are the Play It again Tee from Hanna Andersson and the Simple T-shirt from Mini Boden.

Good luck on your search!

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I second the Boden simple tshirt recc - with the 25% and free ship it's about $12. The pointelle tees are also terrific, thinner and warm but less fitted for layering. The best layering shirt we ever had was a Splendid Littles tee we received as a gift but they're pricey! Also try Petit Bateau on eBay.

for Sandy Hook

lovebebes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

H&M, very inexpensive and long lasting.
    DD S 2002
    DD L born sleeping 04.2006
    DD L 2007
    Finally our littlest rainbow is here!
    DD C 2010

Thank you for all the suggestions! I'm excited to check them out!