Thread: Frye boots

Default Frye boots

Are Frye boots comfortable? Does it vary from style to style? I am used to wearing my Born and Gentle Souls boots, so the Frye's that I just got don't seem very cushy. I was wondering if they are comfortable to wear for long periods of time. These are the ones I got...
    http://www.thefryecompany.com/produc...l-on?color=DBN
    Al

DS 10/25/03
    DD 1/23/07

lcarlson90 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I only have the Frye Veronica Slouch boots and while they don't hurt my feet I wouldn't say they are that comfortable. The foot bed on them is kind of hard. I keep meaning to get a gel insole for them.
    Gavin 7.30.08
    Dylan 2.24.05

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have a pair and have worn them about 10 times. The footbed is hard. I used to have a pair and found that they eventually sort of molded to my foot. They are not comfy like Merrils or other softer footbed shoes IMO but they do break in a bit over time.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

cono0507 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have the Veronica slouch and find them very comfortable. No cushiness but comfy in that they are well made -- like danskos are comfy despite no cushiness IMO. Last weekend I walked about 3 miles in them without any complaint.

anamika is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have the Janes and they are not exactly uncomfortable but not what I would wear if I had to walk anywhere. They are good for the office.
    I have the Carson shorties and they are very comfy. I am having a weird issue with the heel - it doesn't feel like it is quite level, if that makes sense! But I wear them everywhere. The sole is showing a lot more wear than I thought it would since Frye's are supposed to last years. But I love them!!

eta - I had the Engineers and they were so hard and impossible to walk in. So it definitely varies by style.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius