TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Is this a good price for Magnatiles?

I can get 2 starter sets of magnatiles (32 pieces each) for $75. Is that a good price or not? I've never purchased these before so I'm not sure what the average price is.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

We have purchased 2 100 piece sets in the past- with coupons codes we were able to get them for around 100/ 110 each. You really need the 100 piece set to make the magnatiles worth it!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My local toy store sells the 32 piece set for $50.

I disagree with pp. We got the 32 piece set and it was great. Someone bought us a 2nd 32 piece set- so we now have 64 pieces- and I feel like that is a fine amount. We were ok with just 32. So many times I have held off on toy purchases b/c my budget could only afford small sets and people told me they wouldn't be good enough. I finally decided to just get what I could afford and the kids have been totally happy.

jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We got a 100-piece set in November and my 2 year old is always asking for "more squares." I think that's what he's going to tell Santa he wants for Christmas.
    The 100-piece is a better deal but 64 pieces for $75 isn't bad. I just picked up a 32-piece set at a local toy store for @$40 (priced at $50 with a 20% off coupon.)
    Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I think $75 is a great price. I have been searching for the best deal. The lowest I have been able to find is $80 for two 32 piece sets at Learning Express with a $20 off of $100 coupon.

My DS has one set of 32 pieces already that MIL bought him. Magnatiles is the only thing he has asked for from Santa.
    DS - 11/08
    DS2- 2/13

logan's mom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jennilynn View Post
    We got a 100-piece set in November and my 2 year old is always asking for "more squares." I think that's what he's going to tell Santa he wants for Christmas.
    That's my 3 year old. He even asked for "just squares" I guess I can tell him the triangles are for his baby brother

I don't think it's a bad deal but it's not a great one either..... I try to get them for about $1/magnatile

jenstring95 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by logan's mom View Post
    I don't think it's a bad deal but it's not a great one either..... I try to get them for about $1/magnatile
    That's what I was going to say.