niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Snowboard pants for curvy women.

I had a pair of Large Columbia ski pants last year. They've got a rip in the bottom covered with duct tape so I could get through the season. Problem is they were too low cut and I kept getting snow down my pants. I've got a smaller waist than hip ratio so the L was a little tighter in thigh but loose in the waist.

My sister suggested I look at snowboard pants for women and men. She wears a Large Men's as it's not low cut. She thinks I would be a men's medium. It'll be too long, but the women's Large are too long on me, but fine once wear boots

So any suggestions on a pants that aren't low cut in the waist? I get people want to be fashionable but snow down your pants isn't fun.

Try bibs (pants with suspenders). You can hide the suspenders under your top. It's a pain to go to the bathroom, but no snow in the pants!

ETA: On the other end of the price range, there is this pair from Lands End

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

The Land's End bibs run big and wide -- I have a pair of Mediums and they are very big. I got them on sale last year.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

cono0507 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm curvy with hips. I have the patagonia snowbelle insulated pant and love it. The waist is adjustable so I can tighten it to fit and there is plenty of room in the seat/hips. Cut higher in the back so never had a problem with snow getting in.

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I was also going to recommend Patagonia pants. They fit really well.
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

nupe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by cono0507 View Post
    I'm curvy with hips. I have the patagonia snowbelle insulated pant and love it. The waist is adjustable so I can tighten it to fit and there is plenty of room in the seat/hips. Cut higher in the back so never had a problem with snow getting in.
    I just picked up some snowbelles too, at the end of last season (white with a lime green pattern), the ones I have are board pants for sure. There is a TON of room in the hips. And I mean a TON. I have sized up before in ski pants to get hips to fit, but not in these.

I had reviews on patagonia.com about the snaps coming undone but I'm thinking it's because these folks were wearing htem tight. I've only worn around hte house and they are loose on my waist and no snaps have come undone at the waist. I do like the adjustabiliyt of the waist. I hate belts/ties and more things to undo to use the potty on the slopes!!

http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/...0-868&pcc=1128
    Nupe
    DS1 2004
    DS2 2007