Default question about ebates

I am new to ebates, have heard that people use it a lot when buying online. Is it safe to use? and how do you get your rebates (check, gift card?) i am sort of kicking myself not use it earlier, but at the same time skeptical on these rebate things.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yeah, it's safe, it's just a referral fee service like being an amazon affliate. I've been using for 10 years. They used to send checks, not sure if they will do that anymore. Now I either get it sent to paypal or as an amazon gift credit.

I use it as well. It is safe. They currently have the option of a check or Amazon gift card (maybe Pay Pal too). I think that they added $1 to my balance to get Amazon instead of check. Yeah!

thanks for the info, i am now really kicking myself. Have bought so much stuff on black friday and cyber monday without using ebates. Both paypal or amazon GC works for me. I shop on target and amazon, with ebates, will get additional 2% discount at least.. hooray..

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I still get a quarterly check.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

I've used ebates for 10 years and LOVE it!! I also use other rebate sites too (e.g., mrrebates) and cashback from discover.

Before purchasing ANYTHING online, I always go to evrewards.com to see which site will give me the most cash back just by clicking on that website link from the cashback site. I've gotten SO MUCH rebate money over the years by doing this (I do most of my shopping online).

Quote Originally Posted by justlearning View Post
    I've used ebates for 10 years and LOVE it!! I also use other rebate sites too (e.g., mrrebates) and cashback from discover.

Before purchasing ANYTHING online, I always go to evrewards.com to see which site will give me the most cash back just by clicking on that website link from the cashback site. I've gotten SO MUCH rebate money over the years by doing this (I do most of my shopping online).
    wow, thank you so much, this is why i love this site, money saved is money earned.. especially in this economy.

logan's mom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I use www.cashbackholic.com to compare cashback amounts. There are some cashback places that I have never heard of so I try to stay clear of those but love ebates, mrrebates and shopathome.....and got over $500 in cashback from Discovercard this year