Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Would perfume fall under MomWear?

I know this may be too much of a personal preference to check out but figured I'd give it a shot. I used to rarely wear perfume and when I did I wore Gap Heaven of all things! And no, I'm not 15 years old but I loved it. It's kind of a fresh scent (rather than sweet, flowery, or fruity). I was expecting this but just found out they discontinued it and have started wearing perfume more often...so, I'm looking for a new scent. I just bought a sampler at Sephora (until now I always threw out all those sample perfumes because I wasn't interested!) with my VIB coupon, but figured I'd also look for suggestions. Any thoughts on a less sweet/more fresh scent? I usually like men's fragrances/scents better so something kind of like that but for a woman?
    Debbie

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The women's version of Cool Water by Davidoff was one of my favorites.

I also was partial to the Japanese White Cherry Blossom scent at Bath & Body Works.

Before that, I wore one of the "Essences de Voyage" fragrances from Victoria's Secret (like 20 years ago now ... yeah, I was 14) that was a vanilla-musk-heliotrope fragrance, which sounds strange, but it was very nice. They stopped making anything like that altogether not long after I used the last of my bottle ... and I didn't have the money to stock up.

I tend to favor things with dark base notes - musk, sandalwood, bergamot, etc. - rather than super-florals. The only fruit scent I ever liked was the Coconut Lime Verbena from Bath & Body Works, but that was due to the coconut.

Good luck! Most fragrances these days just make me sneeze.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Jo Malone makes really great smelling simple scents. I love orange blossom and french lime blossom. They sell samplers with small bottle of a few scents and most smell fantastic.

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasparkl View Post
    Jo Malone makes really great smelling simple scents. I love orange blossom and french lime blossom. They sell samplers with small bottle of a few scents and most smell fantastic.
    I was going to suggest Jo Malone, too. Wonderful scents!

luli13 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Another Jo Malone wearer here

lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

A sales lady at a cosmetics counter once told me that your "coloring" should guide you to your scent. So for example, if you have a darker complexion or have a more exotic ethnicity, then the heavier/sexier scents will work best for your body chemistry. If you are pale, blonde, etc. then the lighter florals, citrus, clean, scents will work best. I have no idea if there is any truth to this, and it was almost a little startling to hear from a stranger, but I do find that her theory applies well to me. I have an olive skin tone with dark hair and dark eyes, and only the darker scents work well for me. Despite me trying over and over again, all of the lighter scents smell like a weird soap on me!

Interesting. I'll have to check out Jo Malone but I'm pretty pale but with dark hair and I've always gone for lighter scents! Others make me sneeze too though.
    Debbie

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Issey Miyake is very light and clean wo/ heavy floral or citrus notes. There are a number of versions. Comes in a cone shaped bottle.

The Clean scents are all nice. i esp. Like warm cotton and shower fresh. Ulta and Sephora carry them if you want to test.

I find the Grace line to also be very light, but maybe more floral than the CleAn line of perfumes.

Have you tried the current Gap scents? I think they're still pretty light.

I also really like Banana Republic Classic. It's got some warm undertones, but very clean and light wo/ heavy florals.

I used to love Gap
    Heaven in my teens, lol.

I find these types of scents don't last long on me, so I don't tend to wear them
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Oh, the new Stella Mcartney perfume is very light and simple too. I think it's just lily of the valley
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I've got a lot to test out. Now I wish I hadn't Freecycled all my little samples.
    Debbie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast