PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Diaper covers for Overnights?

I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. I've used the search feature and it has been helpful, but could use a bit more specific advice.

DS is 15 months old and pretty small, barely 19 pounds. He is leaking through overnight disposable diapers. I've tried buying a larger size, but then they are too big, don't fit well and still end up leaking. From searching on here, I've seen suggestions of putting a cloth diaper cover or similar over his disposable diaper to help. Im not sure what kind or type to get though. I need something fairly easy to use as my DH gets him ready for bed many nights. Any suggestion?

Thanks!

How about a flip cover?

Www.cottonbabies.com

I have also heard of a lot of heavy wetters having great success with cloth diapering overnight. You can add inserts to get a ton of absorption overnight. It really is super easy and no more work if you would be washing covers anyway.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Dena

Super Crunchy Mama to:
    ('06) The big guy

('09) The little guy

('12) and the diva

Learning to live with MSPI, FPIES and Food Allergies.

We have used fuzzibunz because I found some at a resale store. Once I found out about diaper doublers we ended using those more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmommy2b View Post
    How about a flip cover?

Www.cottonbabies.com

I have also heard of a lot of heavy wetters having great success with cloth diapering overnight. You can add inserts to get a ton of absorption overnight. It really is super easy and no more work if you would be washing covers anyway.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    I would be open to that option. What kind of diapers would you recommend if I try that route? My only experience with cloth diapers was when I babysat for my cousin about 25 years ago. lol

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I used prefolds with a hemp doubler and wool pull-on covers successfully for over a year.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

JenaW is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just bought some fleece Soakers from this etsy seller for my 4yo who is pt during thr day, but Needs something to keep her dry overnight

http://www.etsy.com/shop/modernolive

I haven't gotten them yet but I think I read on her site (or another) that they can be used over sposies too. We just restarted cloth and I have been using a fitted doper under a fleece or wool soaker and have not had any leaks. I also have some fliP covers and really like them, tho I'm still trying to figure out what works best to stuff them

J

Wanted to update this. I got a couple of bum genius diapers since I could buy them locally. They have worked wonderfully over a disposable diaper at night. I like the diapers so much, I got a few more and have been using them on evenings and weekends instead of disposables. He is a tiny thing and they just fit him so much better than disposables. His daycare allows cloth diapers, but I'm not sure I could deal with all the extra laundry, so not quite reay to full time cloth diaper yet.