viba424 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Opinion on LE Coat or Parka - Which is better?

I want to get one of these coats in navy. Which one in your opinion is more stylish? I do have to contend with some pretty serious cold where I live so I initially liked the longer one (coat) but might the shorter parka look a little younger?

Cire Coat (longer)
    http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-ci...244015_59.html

Cire Parka (shorter)
    http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage...19244-_-419242

I do have some repeats, two shorter puffers in black (north face and patagonia) and a brown plain parka in brown from LE. Maybe thats too many coats? Is hard to resist the prices though. What about a departure and go for a pink one like this, which is also $15 cheaper?

http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage...Save_For_Later

They're all cute! I like the first (longer) navy one and pink one the best. Go with whatever color & style you think would look best on you- I think the pink can (does) definitely look 'young,' but the navy is also cute.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think both are cute. The shorter one is probably a bit younger and more stylish. I think it also depends if you walk a lot or drive around a lot. If you walk, go with the longer one. If you mostly run from heated car to heated building/house/restaurant, go shorter.

I got the short one for my sitter for Christmas. She is out with my boys quite a bit but she also drives a ton. I thought she would be too hot in the car with the longer one.

Eta: the 40 percent off one item makes either a great deal.
    Last edited by Kindra178; 12-02-2012 at 09:14 AM.

I like the Cire Coat in navy best. Plus since you already have two other short coats you will get more use out of the longer one.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

luli13 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Thanks, OP. I just got the navy coat for $47 shipped (I had $5 in rewards that I forgot about). Great price for a warm down coat!
    Oh, and I tried on the navy today in the store (they only had the parka and I want the longer coat so I had to order online) and the navy is really a beautiful color.

Like you, I managed to get to sears today and tried on the shorter cire in navy and I thought it was stunning! I am going to get one of them. Sounds like you guys all like the long one. I might do that. DH seems to think the shorter one is the way to go. Decisions decisions
    Last edited by viba424; 12-02-2012 at 05:25 PM.

I ordered the jacket last week (with the 30% off...argh) because it said it should hit mid thigh and I am short in the torso. I agree it looks better in person than online and the navy is nice. I ordered wine since I am a purple girl.
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)