Mali is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Earth Mama Angel Baby vs Arbonne vs ??? (Baby soaps/lotions/creams/etc)

I'm trying to figure out which baby soaps/lotions/potions to get and am kind of at a loss (yay FTM ). I was leaning towards Earth Mama Angel Baby since they rate so well on Skin Deep and there's a fair number of people here who like their products. I can also get the Arbonne baby stuff (I personally use several of their products so it's not like adding something else to the order would be a pain) but I have no idea how well it rates since Skin Deep only has two of their sunscreens listed.

Do you have a preference between one or the other or is there some other product line that's totally awesome that I'm overlooking?

And what all do I need?
    Shampoo/bath wash
    butt cream/paste (got some Boudreaux's at my shower)
    baby oil (??)
    lotion (??)

I'm due early January so it would be nice to figure out what I should have on hand so I can get it ordered and delivered (especially with all the holiday shipping craziness).

lovebebes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have tired many baby lines and here are my favorite products:
    Earth mama angel baby bottom balm cannot be beat, I use it at almost every diaper change, it prevents rashes. It is very natural and has an herbal scent that I have come to really love now.
    For body/hair wash I love nature's baby Vanilla Tangerine (look it up on Amazon).
    Lotion-baby doesn't need any . If ever you do want to use some I love Epicuren body butter. Barely there scent and such a great consistency that is very moisturizing yet not at all greasy. I love using it in myself. Burt's bees Apricot baby oil is delicious for a massage post bath (I use that on myself as well as an all over body moisturizer after I shower)
    Oh, and I have two more products I must mention-earth mama angel baby mama balm and mama spray-for mama! This stuff is freaking incredible postpartum!!!! Just read amazon reviews-I only wish I knew about it sooner, got to use it this last time and I swear I looked so forward to my ten seconds (ha) in the bathroom, REFRESHING in the best possible way, and helps heal everything down below quicker.
    Good luck!
    DD S 2002
    DD L born sleeping 04.2006
    DD L 2007
    Finally our littlest rainbow is here!
    DD C 2010

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yup -- I'm a fan of Earth Mama Angel Baby! The baby wash smell is great, plus I really love the pump dispenser; it means that I get instant lather every time!

As for what you need:
    Shampoo/bath wash -- Yes, definitely start with one bottle of the baby wash ($9.95). Because you only bathe a baby 2-3 times a week and you don't need much soap at each bath (1.5 pumps for a newborn), a bottle will last you a long time. I think our first bottle lasted us almost a year!
    butt cream/paste (got some Boudreaux's at my shower) -- I highly recommend the Angel Baby Bottom Balm! This does an amazing job at clearing up any redness. Cloth diaper safe too.
    baby oil (??) -- I have a small bottle of this, but never really needed/used it. I've heard it's helpful for treating cradle cap and some mamas use it for infant massage. You can probably skip this purchase though. Definitely stay away from the J&J Baby Oil and other mineral oil based ones.
    lotion (??) -- Yes, lotion is definitely a good thing to get. Again, one full-sized bottle should be plenty ($19.95). I always put lotion on my baby after her baths!

And as long as you're interested in EMAB, I really love their Nipple Butter. It's lanolin-free and smells like chocolate! Very moisturizing and totally safe for baby. I also really love their Happy Mama body wash for myself! Use coupon code HugsFromMama for 15% off your order!
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

Mali is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Thanks ladies!! One more thing to check off of my to-do list.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I disliked that they wouldn't share the ingredient list with me for Arbonne so I didn't consider it.

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I love the soaps from this shop - good ingredients and very gentle. If you message her she is super helpful. http://www.etsy.com/shop/FreshAsaDaisySoaps

Aside from soap we use weleda calendula diaper rash cream and shea moisture baby lotion organic.

Sent from Katigre's Galaxy S3
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I love the EMBA rash cream. Works in 1 application. I have 3 (for different changing areas) so they have separated out a little, become more granular but still work great.

I love Burt's Bees oil for massage. DS will lift up his leg to be rubbed when he sees it. I use mostly LaVanila body wash and lotion, still on my first bottles at 7 mo
    shannon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another Queen of the House of Boys:
    DS#1 2003
    DS#2 my mother's day gift 2012
    DH
    Mikey, the cat and rhinestone-collared, pink-leashed Schatze, our Rottweiler girl

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh, and EMBA nipple cream works great for baby drool rashes
    shannon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another Queen of the House of Boys:
    DS#1 2003
    DS#2 my mother's day gift 2012
    DH
    Mikey, the cat and rhinestone-collared, pink-leashed Schatze, our Rottweiler girl