Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Garnet Hill CS comes through (NOT)

update: So I sent in my sheet set for "exchange" and wound up getting a refund for the original set that I purchased. Then they charged me full price for the set that they sent out. Of course I don't pay full price for anything so the new set cost almost twice what I originally paid!! I feel so tricked. If I wanted to re-purchase then I would at the very least have purchased them during one of the sale periods last month. I had no intention of paying for more of the sheets though after how they've faded and the one came apart on me.

I'm emailing to see if I can just return these for a refund since I never agreed to purchase them at full price, but they better not try to charge return shipping.

To make it worse, I had two flat, two fitted, 2 standard, and 2 king cases in the old color. I could only "exchange" one set of cases even though I use one standard and one king on the bed at a time. Since I was getting a newer set of sheets out of it, I had decided to live with one mismatched pillow on the bed. Now I'll have to live with mismatched pillows and just be pissed about this every time I look at them because I can't get my old ones back. If I'd know this is what they were going to do then I would have tried to sew up the old sheet and at least had one good, matching set still.

(I never expected this since I do even exchanges for the same item at Kohls all the time, and they only look at the retail price without regard to whether it was or is on sale)

original post:
    Garnet Hill is sending prepaid postage for me to exchange a sheet set because the corner seam on one of the sheets is coming undone, and they don't offer that color any longer. I totally wasn't expecting that when I decided to email them, but that's awesome! They also replied really quickly.
    Last edited by indigo99; 01-10-2013 at 11:29 PM.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

They're wonderful, aren't they? I got a reisenthel basket and dh stepped on it and broke the plastic stands that keep the basket extended. He called to buy replacements and they offered to just send him one, even though it was his fault. We were both very impressed.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

mypa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I hope they give you the price you originally paid. I know sometimes when I do exchanges they charge the regular price then give me a refund after it has been shipped.
    Mary

DS Summer '05
    DD Fall '08

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

If they don't, just refuse the package. Don't open it. You won't have to pay return shipping.
    Kris

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I so dislike GH CS I've just stopped shopping there, except for backpacks and lunchboxes. So sorry about your headache. Kick up a fuss!

for Sandy Hook

Well I didn't know that they'd charged me full price until I opened the new box and saw the receipt. I emailed them, and they did agree to waive the return shipping fee so that I can return these full-price sheets. It just really stinks to have gone through the hassle of the return, be down a set of sheets, and now not have a full matching set left. I got a new set at BBB last week, but apparently light grey isn't a good color choice. Every little bit of drool shows like a big dark spot, and DS2 naps with me so you know there's lots of drool.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    That is really disappointing. I would complain on the facebook page.
    I would, too.
    Kris

Have you tried calling CS? I think a live person is more likely to get how much that sucks, more than a random faceless email answerer. I would try that, and if that doesn't work, FB.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

I decided facebook was worth a try so I posted there about being disappointed with their "exchange", and they posted that they'd look into it. I got a call from CS and talked to someone who said she'd get back to me. She then left me a voicemail saying they'd give me 30% off the new sheets if I want to keep them *sigh* That's how much they would have been if I had purchased them with a discount code back in December when all this started so it's amazing that it took a department manager to get permission to even give me that.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast