Minnifer is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Is there a way to block a thread?

I don't know where to post this question: I searched but couldn't find anything, is there a way to block a thread so it doesn't come up for you and can't be seen, whether in a "new posts" search or just by looking at the particular forum it appears in?
    Lucky single mama to DD 5/08 and DS 6/11

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

No. You can only block posters. I wish we could block threads. I could have used that feature from time to time!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Minnifer is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks! Too bad...
    Lucky single mama to DD 5/08 and DS 6/11

Why would you need to block a thread from appearing? If the title is upsetting to you, you could PM the OP. They can change the title. If you don't feel comfortable PMing the OP, you could PM a mod (or click the report post button) and explain your objection to the title and request that they change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    Why would you need to block a thread from appearing? If the title is upsetting to you, you could PM the OP. They can change the title. If you don't feel comfortable PMing the OP, you could PM a mod (or click the report post button) and explain your objection to the title and request that they change it.
    Not the original poster, but sometimes when a discussion has taken an annoying or upsetting turn, it would nice to just not see it on the screen anymore. Easier than having to consciously ignore it.

Catherine

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    Not the original poster, but sometimes when a discussion has taken an annoying or upsetting turn, it would nice to just not see it on the screen anymore. Easier than having to consciously ignore it.

Catherine
    Yeah, that makes sense. It could help in other ways too. I think I would benefit from blocking the Amazon deals thread, as much as I like it.