Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

You really are an amazing mom. The moms here with children with special needs truly inspire and awe me.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have to say how exciting it is that DS spoke. That is awesome! I know how hard it had to have been to get that call. You are doing an awesome job with him! Keep in mind that at this time of year all children have behavioral issues. Schedules at school get interrupted with holiday activities and I am sure the transitions are hard on DS. I hope you and DS have a great week.
    DS - 11/08
    DS2- 2/13

I'm just now reading this but wanted to address your group home/school file concerns. I am in a different state (CA), and my experience is from the 90's, but I know as social workers/administrators we did not have access to the placements'/potential placements' school cumulative files. The placing workers (county social workers or probation officers) had more access, but unless the parental rights had been restricted the parent still had a lot of rights in the educational process. I believe it was the placing workers who had to sign on IEP's and/or the parent. The group home administrator and the group home social workers would sign as being in attendance. You could check with someone in your state who advocates for parents on these issues. A school principal should also know who has access to the cumulative file (aka "cume"). Any group home that is the right placement for your son should know how to deal with the behavior you described. I hope things are going better now that the holidays are over.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3